Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 7 day letter

tag
seat3a
Contributor

Cap 1 7 day letter

Yesterday I took on Cap 1 as I see my card has transitioned from the old Orchard Bank site to the new Cap 1 logon. I have had the Orchard card since 2007, never late, current FICO 755, no baddies, etc. My orchard card is at $420 CL. As I was speaking to the CSR, I discussed my paltry limit and told them I had cards with much higher limits (e.g., Citi at 11K), how grateful I was to have had the card to rebuild my credit, etc. I told them I didn't want a HP so the CSR suggessted I use the luv button to get an increase. I signed on and got a response of "you will receive a letter in 7 days". I wasn't very happy!!!

What has anyone's experience been with this type of reply or should I contact the EO?

If anyone thinks the EO would be the answer, could you please PM me the EO number?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Scores: EX 764 EQ 750 TU 809 MyFico 739 Last App 11/13
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jprncess
Established Member

Re: Cap 1 7 day letter

It seems most of what I've read on here is it is due to transition. I also requested a CLI when my Orchard went over and got the letter, which posted electronically in my cap 1 account that during the transition they weren't doing increases.
Message 2 of 7
missjae
Established Contributor

I got that message for two of my cards.  I've been with Capital One for 9 years now, so as someone else did, I contacted them through FB and they escalated my concerns.  They responded within 8 hours too.  Now I'm just waiting on the results.

Message 3 of 7
seat3a
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I am on FB and I know this seems stupid but did you just send them a message through FB or exactly how should I do this?

Thanks!

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Message 4 of 7
LLMT
Regular Contributor

I saw their email address floating around in the comments and used that successfully. You could also just message them.
Message 5 of 7
missjae
Established Contributor

@seat3a wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I am on FB and I know this seems stupid but did you just send them a message through FB or exactly how should I do this?

Thanks!

At the top of my letter, I put my legal name, address and phone number since I use a different last name on FB.  I didn't include personal account numbers or anything like that.  I did this via the messaging feature.

I politely begged for an increase on all 3 of my accounts, but specifically my 9 year old account.  I don't have my current CR's, but I just got approved for a Chase Sapphire at 5K, so I don't think it's that bad.  I also asked for the AF's to be waived and rewards for the 2 accounts that don't have it.

I told them why I felt I deserved an increase..on time payments, good credit history, the fact that $500 isn't much to use.  I just added whatever I thought would help my case.  In reading all the posts on here, I got some good ideas of what I thought would be good to write as long as my situation matched it.  I also let them know that I did use the CLI feature and my income info was updated through their website.  I didn't make a specific increase request though...thinking back, I should have.

I did this around midnight or 2am and at 8:55am est I had a response that my concerns had been escalated.  Before I did that, I had used the CLI button for two accounts but got the 7-10 msg.  Now, I logged in and see the oldest account was increased by $500, but out of a $1,000 CL, only $500 is available....have no idea if it came from the button or FB.  I also don't know why it says only $500 is available.

Someone graciously pm'd me the EO e-mail address, but since I did FB, I didn't use it.  I'll update if they contact me or I get anymore information.

Edited for errors.

Message 6 of 7
seat3a
Contributor

Thank you SO much for taking the time to write all the steps you went through!

As a backup, could someone PM me the EO phone number.

Thanks again!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.