Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1/Best Buy reporting closed on Experian due to Citibank transition

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Cap 1/Best Buy reporting closed on Experian due to Citibank transition

@Bears

The balance would transfer over to the new TL.
Message 31 of 48
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

And CapOne wil report as zero right. Gotcha thanks lexie.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 32 of 48
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately for me, I think this will adversely impact my score and AAoA. It's a 24 month old account so not sure but I really don't want another TL so may look into having Cap1 delete the BB account.

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Why if your curent BB/CapOne card has a balance and closes with a balance are you in trouble??

No, purchased by another lenders eliminates the balance to N/A or some other status.

Message 33 of 48
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Why if your curent BB/CapOne card has a balance and closes with a balance are you in trouble??

My mom had a balance of $200 ish on her Cap1/BBY account and if see the pic of her report on my first post you'll see the Recent Balance  says NA which means Cap1 didn't report any balance....

Message 34 of 48
Dustink
Valued Contributor

My AAoA is around 1 year and the best buy account is about 18 months. So, this will actually be a good thing for me assuming they date back to the original opening date.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 35 of 48
zerobacan
Established Contributor

My Capone BB card also shows are closed today,

When the Citi one reports, im hoping it shows opened the same day the copone was.... which can give me a AAoa boost no?

it will be like I have 2 accs opened the same day. a year ago...

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 36 of 48
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@mnavas wrote:

My mom was checking her EXP report today and found out her Cap 1/Best buy appears as closed . It also says that the account was purchased by another lender.

I never thought they were going to close that Cap1/BBY tradeline. I thought that account was going to remain the same and that they were only  going to change the lender's name. I guess another tradeline will pop up on her report (s) in the coming days (her account its active, same limit)  

The same thing happened to me with Fingerhut when they went from metabank to webbank.

Message 37 of 48
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Same here, reports closed. I have had the account since 2007 so if Citi reports a new TL with that date it may not help my AAoA since my current AAoA is over 7 years.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 38 of 48
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Am I the only one seeing this as a win? A.it will continue to report in a positive manner for ten years, someone correct me if I'm wrong on that? B. The New reporting for Citi will be the same duration as it was, I'd the song of a new tradeline that's as old as the existing one really that bad?

JP Smiley Happy

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 39 of 48
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@SpeeDj wrote:

Am I the only one seeing this as a win? A.it will continue to report in a positive manner for ten years, someone correct me if I'm wrong on that? B. The New reporting for Citi will be the same duration as it was, I'd the song of a new tradeline that's as old as the existing one really that bad?

JP Smiley Happy

Yeah the account will continue to report for the next ten years. Some people just opened their accounts with Cap1/Best Buy and  when they get the new Citi  tradeline (even backdated) it'll affect  their AAoA. For example my mom's AAoA is 5.5 years. her Best buy account is only 11 months so when she get the new tradeline (with another 11 moths old) this will drop her AAoA a bit. Other people on the other hand, whose account are older than their current AAoA will benefit from this new account that is going to report soon

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.