Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 CLI increase question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 CLI increase question

@enjoimorenow wrote:

Like others stated, after your 3rd statement request a CLI and you will probably get $100.  The credit steps increase is the minimum that you will get.

For example I started at $500 and the email said I would get $700.  Well at month 3 I requested CLI and got $100 increase to $600, then my credit steps ended up being another $500 so I'm now at $1,100.  Mind you, I was spending between $2,000-$3,000 a month on the card during that time and making multiple payments every month, so I'm sure that's why I got a bigger credit steps increase.

I was also able to PC from a platinum to quicksilver

Is this for anyone with the Cap1 Secured?  Or do you guys have a different card?

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 CLI increase question

My experience is different.....

I got QS1 a year ago 1000CL, automatic to 4000 after 6 mths.  Another 3000 CLI, 6 months later, which I assume I could get more if I asked.  Instead I apped for another Cap1 card and they gave me 15k CL.

When I got QS1, I did not even have TU fico scores.

Each time when I checked CLI, they offered me 100 in the beginning.  Each time I declined, since additional 100 does not make any difference.  Many months I carried balance, because I did not know about pif until I studied myfico.   However, my income is at the high end and, although I did not have fico scores, I once was a big spender decades ago.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.