Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 CLI

tag
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Cap 1 CLI

Just called cap 1 backdoor number and got my $500 limit card doubled to $1000. Opened in Oct. and second statement cut last week.

Just some info the rep said:

• Usually don't give increases until they receive three payments, after which an increase is automatic.
  • Came close to credit limit, but didn't go over; shows discipline.
  • Pay in full every month which is good. (She made a point to inform me that they don't require PIF, fishing for interest charges? Lol.)

She said I probally wouldn't get it, but it doesn't hurt to check. Bam approved. And also made sure to mention after they get the third payment, I'll get the additional auto-cli.

All in all, a good informative call, plus I got my CLI!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Equinox
New Contributor

Re: Cap 1 CLI

Grats on the CLI. I have two Cap One cards and can't seem to bargain with them even through the backdoor. What a pain.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Equinox wrote:
Grats on the CLI. I have two Cap One cards and can't seem to bargain with them even through the backdoor. What a pain.

Have you tried calling a few times?  Someone else mentioned they had to call twice before they got someoen who would give them a CLI.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which backdoor number did you call to get the CLI???  I tried calling Cap1: 877-513-9959 (Account Retention) this afternoon and got the same "NO".......Been a Cap1 customer 13 months, no CLI since after 3 mos....from $300-500...no increases since March...paid everything on time--no lates, always over Min payment.... no Over limit.....  Any advice to get a CLI.....  Said I'd to close account if no CLI in next 60 days or so.....no luck.....Any advice/specific backdoor number would be appreciated......
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Which backdoor number did you call to get the CLI???  I tried calling Cap1: 877-513-9959 (Account Retention) this afternoon and got the same "NO".......Been a Cap1 customer 13 months, no CLI since after 3 mos....from $300-500...no increases since March...paid everything on time--no lates, always over Min payment.... no Over limit.....  Any advice to get a CLI.....  Said I'd to close account if no CLI in next 60 days or so.....no luck.....Any advice/specific backdoor number would be appreciated......

I called: 800-889-9939 at some point last week and got a CLI.  I wouldn't threaten them with closing your account, because it most likeley means nothing to the individual your speaking with.  And sometimes it takes calling and speaking to different reps.  

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woopah,

Thanks.....  It's just frustrating that after playing be their rules and "being a good customer" the CLI increase after 6 more months (Sept/Oct) I was told in March has yet to happen... In the meantime I've got other cards with higher initial CLs......

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trust me, I understand.  After nearly 9.5 years my Cap1 was still stuck at it's original $500, and was repeatedly told no to CLI requests, until last week when I called that backdoor number. 

I once told my father to go into a local store and complain like crazy to get something he wanted.  I would never and did not say he should be mean, but sometimes in certain situations complaining can get you what you want. 

But I would guess it's not the same in a situation like credit cards.  I mean after all they have many many consumers and more constantly applying.  I worked at a retail chain in high school/college, and there were times that upset customers would say "I'll never shop here again" or "I'll go to a differe store next time." And while I never wanted an upset customer if they truly never shopped there again, or really did go to the different store, it didn't matter to me because I was still working and there were other customers.  

And from hearing other people's stories on this board it sounds like a lot of time it's the emotional connection of getting a card's rep to understand where you're coming from and forming some kind of connection that gets you what you want during those recon calls or backdoor number calls.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.