Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Eo Thoughts

tag
ArCpa
Contributor

Cap 1 Eo Thoughts

I have been reading numerous post regarding Cap 1 EO. I find it very funny that people on here are wanting to complain about AF of $ 19 and $ 39.00. If you cant afford the Af then dont apply. Or they have a CL of $ 300.00 and only had the account for a few months and want an increase. I can understand if you have been a card holder for numerous years with good and never got an increase. Due to Cap 1 being so stingy with CLi. A great moderator on here said it best : Capital One will change how the EO handles CLI, because of all the calls and emails there receiving from people who dont have a clue !!!

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap 1 Eo Thoughts

@b71913 wrote:

I have been reading numerous post regarding Cap 1 EO. I find it very funny that people on here are wanting to complain about AF of $ 19 and $ 39.00. If you cant afford the Af then dont apply. Or they have a CL of $ 300.00 and only had the account for a few months and want an increase. I can understand if you have been a card holder for numerous years with good and never got an increase. Due to Cap 1 being so stingy with CLi. A great moderator on here said it best : Capital One will change how the EO handles CLI, because of all the calls and emails there receiving from people who dont have a clue !!!

For me, the $39 AF did not justify the rewards/benefits of the card. It's not a matter of being able to afford it. I never used the card anymore anyway, and didn't care enough about the card to contact the EO for anything. I closed it because I have better more rewarding cards.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 28
ArCpa
Contributor

I understand , and this wasnt meant for you. But it  amazes me how some people dont have a clue about credit,

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Message 3 of 28
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

This thread is directed at someone on this forum...lol. We're supposed to help each other. Not put each other down.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

While I agree on the main aspect of helping folks, let's be honest...some tough love or honest opinions never hurt anyone.  The beauty of the forum, as long as it's civil and educational, then folks will benefit from it.  As far as the OP's post, I don't really read it as it being directed toward anyone in specific.  I perceive it as voicing his/her general opinion on what I'm sure are a lot of common threads associated with the Capital One EO channel.

Message 5 of 28
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

I'm on board with you - But I agree with above, it doesn't justify the Rewards; and if you have better cards and you're about to close it, why not give it a shot? Just my opinion. Smiley Happy Mise well try.....

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 6 of 28
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

while everyone's point is valid , but my point is why pay for annual fees when you know you can get better cards??

it's not that I myself cant' afford to pay it but i dont need to be held hostage for credit history and age of card for 39 dollars

people also come on here seeking answers because they want solutions and help on their thought process to best handle their situation

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 7 of 28
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@b71913 wrote:

I don't agree with this at all, for most people it has nothing to do with being able to afford it, it's mostly situational. In a rebuilding situation it may be worth $39 to build history, 1-2 years down the line when more choices open up to you it may not be worth it anymore. 

On the other hand, do i believe someone should be angry that they didn't get thier AF waived? No, you knew it coming in, let them know with your feet if you're not happy.

Message 8 of 28
shane82388
Established Contributor

Yeah i think the issue most people have is that they glady accept the anual fees and poor terms when they are in a bad credit state just to start building or rebuilding credit....but once they've boosted their score 100+ points and added years of good history and recovery...

capital one is still acting like nothing has changed, and refuse to change with the credit quality change of the customer.

Message 9 of 28
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

Yeah i think the issue most people have is that they glady accept the anual fees and poor terms when they are in a bad credit state just to start building or rebuilding credit....but once they've boosted their score 100+ points and added years of good history and recovery...

capital one is still acting like nothing has changed, and refuse to change with the credit quality change of the customer.

I had success with the EO office last month. They PC'd my platinum to no AF Quicksilver and game me a $1250 CLI. It is still only $3K but it was better than nothing. He made sure to mention to me that for manual review, it would be a SP. 

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.