Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Orchard Bank Long Haul Success

tag
seat3a
Contributor

Re: Cap 1 Orchard Bank Long Haul Success

I waited but didn't see that huge flashing alert so I guess I am OK. Glad your statement of "I just saw this" had LOL after it!

Stupid question: When I reply to someone's post, why do I not see the body of their post in my reply, if that makes any sense?

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Scores: EX 764 EQ 750 TU 809 MyFico 739 Last App 11/13
Message 11 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@seat3a wrote:

I waited but didn't see that huge flashing alert so I guess I am OK. Glad your statement of "I just saw this" had LOL after it!

Stupid question: When I reply to someone's post, why do I not see the body of their post in my reply, if that makes any sense?

As long as your not on IPAD

Hit reply under the message you wish to reply to 

Then hit quote 

Enter response

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 20
seat3a
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@seat3a wrote:

Then hit quote 

Enter response

Thanks so much, again! I am learning!

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Message 13 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@seat3a wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@seat3a wrote:

Then hit quote 

Enter response

You got it Yay

BTW

LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 20
Crashem
Valued Contributor

+1 White 90 days on denial for CLI.

I would definitely be grooming from 60 to 90 days to get my score as high as possible for that 3X CLI attempt #2.  Mind me asking what your score on denial was and reasons listed?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 15 of 20
seat3a
Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

I would definitely be grooming from 60 to 90 days to get my score as high as possible for that 3X CLI attempt #2.  Mind me asking what your score on denial was and reasons listed?

Denial score from FICO was 704 (don't quite understand as on MyFico, it was around the 750's at that time).

Their reasons were:

1. Your FICO score
  2. The length of time you have been a customer with Amex is too short.
  3. Based on your credit report you have one or more revolving accounts with balances that exceed the credit limit.
  4. The number of credit accounts with balances as indicated by Experian.

Regarding #3, HSBC created a snafu in my report, but it has since been corrected on all CR's except MyFico. They show it as a dispute which I never put in a dispute in the first place. I called MyFico but they said to wait up to 60 days for it to come off as it takes them that long to update from all 3 bureaus.

Regarding #4: I had balances, although about 13% util at that time, on 3 of my 6 cards.

Should I wait the FULL 90 days?

Thanks!!!

Message 16 of 20
seat3a
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@seat3a wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@seat3a wrote:

Then hit quote 

Enter response

You got it Yay

BTW

LOL

You don't know how much better I feel now!!!

Message 17 of 20
seat3a
Contributor

@seat3a wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Denial score from FICO was 704 (don't quite understand as on MyFico, it was around the 750's at that time).

Their reasons were:

1. Your FICO score
  3. Based on your credit report you have one or more revolving accounts with balances that exceed the credit limit.

Regarding #3, HSBC created a snafu in my report, but it has since been corrected on all CR's except MyFico. They show it as a dispute which I never put in a dispute in the first place. I called MyFico but they said to wait up to 60 days for it to come off as it takes them that long to update from all 3 bureaus.

Regarding #4: I had balances, although about 13% util at that time, on 3 of my 6 cards.

Thanks!!!

I am going to pay off my Amex and I am now at about 9% util. Should I only have 1 CL reporting a balance out of the 6 cards, or does it matter?

Message 18 of 20
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@seat3a wrote:

@seat3a wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Their reasons were:

1. Your FICO score

Thanks!!!

I am going to pay off my Amex and I am now at about 9% util. Should I only have 1 CL reporting a balance out of the 6 cards, or does it matter?

If you're trying to tweak your FICO score, having one, and only one, card report a balance between 1%-9% seems to yield the best result.

And congrats on that fantastic CLI!!!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 19 of 20
seat3a
Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@seat3a wrote:

@seat3a wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Their reasons were:

1. Your FICO score

Thanks!!!

If you're trying to tweak your FICO score, having one, and only one, card report a balance between 1%-9% seems to yield the best result.

And congrats on that fantastic CLI!!!!!

Thanks for the good wishes! This forum has been invaluable and to "pay it forward" I will be making more posts that I am knowledgeable about to help others.

Have a great day!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.