Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 QS1 PC/upgrade unsuccessful.

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Cap 1 QS1 PC/upgrade unsuccessful.

with the success I had a few weeks ago getting the Venture and QS Visa siggys, I thought Id call to see if my QS1 MC could PC to the QS MC or  WMC. I called a few days ago, and was told my card is Not available at this time to do that.  That cool...

This card was originally the plat with $19 AF and on credit steps, which then got PC'ed to QS1 with same APR/AF. current limit is $4k, and $0 bal. 

Im not upset. by any means.....this October will be 2 yrs ive had that card, and I will consider closing it then since I have the others now. Too bad Cap 1 wont let you combine limits. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 QS1 PC/upgrade unsuccessful.

C1 EO may be able to do it for you, especially if you have a good payment history and a decent amount of spend put through it.

Message 2 of 9
jacetx
Valued Contributor

I'm very confused, C1 only lists 2 QS cards on their site: the QS1 MC and the QS Visa. Is there a QS MC I don't kow about? 

Message 3 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Jace... The QS1 MC can be upgraded to the regular MC. You have to ask for it.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Platinum Prestige will PC into no AF QS MC as well. Or WMC as I have.
Message 5 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Who did you call? EO or just normal CSRs? Normal CSR will not be able to do this for you unless the "offer" happens to be sitting in your account. Otherwise not happening and you need the EO.

I just upgraded to Visa Sig on my QS, and the amount of hassle makes me hesitate to say it was worth my time and effort. If you are not really concerned about the WMC part, you could just call and see about waiving the AF permanently which they may do right then and there on the phone, vs weeks of phone calls bouncing back and forth about a WMC.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They rather me close it then PC for me. Hope you have better luck.
Message 7 of 9
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

My card was at almost 6 months. Just request, from the US reps, to be transferred to supervisor. Then, request a manual review for change. If the supervisor refuses, call back and try again.

You get transferred to the EO manual review line. They were able to perma remove my fee. I won't be requesting cli until I am using the card regularly again, am now working on my min spend for SimplyCash.
Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 9
airplane_al

how did you get them to upgrade your card to a signautre? i got a $7500 limit on my and they say its just not possible.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.