Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 caught fraud fast!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 caught fraud fast!

I check all my accounts daily for any suspicious charges. It doesn't take long as I only have 5 cards. So yesterday I checked in the am and all was good. About two hours later I get an email asking me to confirm some possibly fraudulent charges. Sure enough, I had two for about $6 each at Coca-Cola. Customer service was great. They instantly locked/closed the account and said they're Fed-Exing me a new card. Should have it in a day or two. The crazy thing is she said an actual card was present for the transactions so mine had been cloned. These thieves are crafty and relentless! DH had fraud on his Cap1 account a few weeks ago as well.
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 caught fraud fast!

That is indeed fast.  Good for you!

Message 2 of 27
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
These thieves are crafty and relentless!

And thirsty, apparently.  I can understand visiting a Coke machine to test out a newly cloned card, but why buy several Cokes at once?  Maybe they opted for the Diet variety and were planning on using it for 'other' purposes.

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 different Cap 1 cards and their fraud department is on point. They email me anytime they see charges that aren't part of my spending pattern. They ask if it was me that purchased the product. I love that feature. 

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, strange for sure. Two different Coke charges for the exact same amount? Wish I knew the reasoning behind it lol. But who knows what these people are thinking.
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's common for them to charge something small to test the waters to make sure charges will go through and move onto larger charges
Message 6 of 27
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good to see they were on it!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad everything worked out and was resolved without too much fuss.
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too, thanks! Definitely no complaints about Cap1!
Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if you have more to fear than that. Anyhow, I am always notified when I make a purchase. It doesn't seem you turned that option on.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.