cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 customized offer Never Heard of This

tag

Cap 1 customized offer Never Heard of This

I am eligible for Cap 1's Platinum Mastercard offer:

0% APR through 9/2013 on purchases/BT's.

No AF

Access to higher credit line after making first 5 monthly payments on time.

NO BT FEE.

I am really wanting to apply for this card just for the fact there is no BT fee,

but I was chatting with a Cap 1 rep on the site and was trying to figure out

if becoming an AU on my girlfriends Cap 1 Furniture row card would get me denied or excluded from my offer for the above card.

Does anyone know if they've ever heard of customized offers that aren't available to everyone?

I've never seen a card except for Chase Slate I think, but even then that's just a temporary thing.

This says NONE for transfer fee.

Will becoming an AU on a 1,200 limit card increase my chances of getting approved?

And I know it takes time for them to report, but the chat rep for Cap 1 said it's up to the credit bureaus if the limit shows on my account

from the AU card.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Involus
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap 1 customized offer Never Heard of This

You've posted this same thread like 3 times already.. AU probably won't help just app for the card already. Again I don't understand why you want a Capital One subprime starter card when you have Discover and Citi but to each his own.

Message 2 of 14

Well maybe I'm looking to hear someone tell me what would be better to app for.

Maybe this is all for forum members to voice their opinions about what Cap 1 card

would be best.

You obviously feel like I'm better than it, since I have a Citi and Discover, and that not to go to

sub-prime cards because I have these two.

Maybe I want this card because I'm worried Citi won't give me approve my CLI request here soon.

Maybe I think Discover hasn't given crap for increases.

The only card I really appreciate right now is my Walmart card, that's always been great with auto increases.

Has no one else ever wondered if being an AU with a CCC before applying with them would affect the outcome of your app for

your own card through the company?

Message 3 of 14
Involus
Regular Contributor

I understand but if your an AU for a day and apply for the card how would that make a difference? You would have to be an AU for like 6 mos for it to maybe make a difference. If your worried about your CLI with Citi you should focus on lowering your util%, not apping (too many new accounts as possible decline for Citi CLI).

Want to lower your util%? Call Walmart UW and request them to increase your CLI to like $2500 - $3k it's a SP

You would be more likely to get your Citi CLI that way because they would be more willing to match your limit on say, Discover if more lenders trust you with higher TLs. Whereas Cap One will probably approve you for $750 and after your 5th statement give you a $250 CLI so how will that help you with Citi? That shows them lenders don't want to trust you with higher TLs.

And Discover is your highest limit - you can't expect them to CLI you when you don't have any other limits close to theirs...

Message 4 of 14

Hey CotySinz,

Sorry if I sounded like a jerk to you. I'm sorry. I just get so into this stuff and I feel like CCC's have

all these secret agendas and rules, you know?

I just posted about receiving two mail offers for the Cap 1 and am so paranoid about applying in the first

place but I wonder about the dates to apply by on them. Ha. I am all sorts of crazy.

I have thought to request an increase on the walmart card, but didn't know if it was a soft pull if

I clicked the request credit limit increase link online, would you know?

Message 5 of 14
Involus
Regular Contributor

Don't do it online as you get denied all the time usually. I would call Wal-Mart: 800-480-0205 (personal accounts) on Monday and request a CLI to like $3k. I called that number last week and successfully went from $900 to $2500 on a SP they put me on hold like 5 minutes and came back instant approved.

Also if your looking for another card I would apply for either a Chase Slate or Freedom. I got my freedom with like 20 inqs across all reports with a 650 EX Fico. If you don't feel confident about the Freedom app for the Slate as it's not as hard to get approved for and ask for a PC in 6 mos to the Freedom - much better than a Cap One. Also Freedom is 0% for 15 mos on purchases - unsure about BT and like $150 back after $1k spending in 3 mos. But remember to get util below 10% and have it report before you app.

But seriously call that number I gave you for Walmart tomorrow and request a CLI - you will get it depending on how long you've had your card.

Message 6 of 14

I've had my Walmart card since Sep 2010? I think, yeah.

How did you come by that number? I called it just to see the process, but it was someone directly answering.

It didn't say anything regarding GEMB or Walmart so how did you come by it?

Message 7 of 14
ricefed
Contributor

That number is gold. I got an auto cli from Walmart in October of this year. It went from 1300 to 2600. I called that number the same day and asked for a cli. They asked what I wanted my limit to be and I said 8000. They asked a couple questions and said please hold. They came back 2 minutes later and said congratulations your new limit is 8000. That number is the direct line to the underwriters. Call again and just say I'm calling for a credit limit increase on a Walmart card. It's simple and only a soft pull.
NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 8 of 14
Involus
Regular Contributor

That number is from the Backdoor number thread posted by a moderator.
Message 9 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I looooveeee GE Credit Solutions!!! Hahahaaaa
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.