Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 hates me :(

tag
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap 1 hates me :(

If I were you, I would pay the card off and sock drawer it, dont close it, because they will still have to report the balance and calculate it in util. It concerns me that you said it was the only card you had and you really depended on it. It sounds like you may view it as income. You have to make sure you dont view CC's as income and are not using it as an extension of your paycheck. I have learned that this is where most people get into trouble with CC's..

Honestly, I would say you need to wait until your scores get better before you start apping again. While I dont know your overall situation, your scores really need rehabing before you start looking at other cards.

I talk alot of crap about Capitalone, but they are good for helping people with bad credit with their rebuilder cards, just not taking care of people once they get on their feet.

Continue on with your rebuilding and maybe app for another rebuilder card when you get your scores into the low 600's.

Stpn2me

Message Edited by stpn2me on 01-30-2008 04:33 PM
TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 11 of 15
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

you should be able to get an Orchard Bank CC with a 300cl
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant 07...
Message 13 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
What is the point of them restricting your use permanently--I don't know why they just didnt close the account themselves. What do you have do to get unrestricted? I assume get the account current, then give them a call.

I think from what CreditDrama posted, this is CapOne's way of closing a card, but trying to increase the odds that they will be paid back.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes it is considered a closed account you might as well close it--they will never unrestrict--known some to write letters after letter they will not reinstate just tell you to reapply for another card--howeve if a balance be sure to get that paid they will not consider account closed until balance zero for 2 consecutive months
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.