cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 quicksilver signature or venture ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 quicksilver signature or venture ?

@lg8302ch wrote:

Depends on spending.  1,5% with easy redemption on everything and no AF or 2% with redemption on travel purchases only with AF of 59$ .  If you do the math you will see which one is better for spending and also question if travel purchases are made on this card.

He already went for the Venture and got 20k! He said rewards weren't relevant for him so we steered him towards the Venture.

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Depends on spending.  1,5% with easy redemption on everything and no AF or 2% with redemption on travel purchases only with AF of 59$ .  If you do the math you will see which one is better for spending and also question if travel purchases are made on this card.

He already went for the Venture and got 20k! He said rewards weren't relevant for him so we steered him towards the Venture.

Venture is an overall good card.

The problem with the Quicksilver is that....

.....Well....It's just a card/product that doesn't know what it wants to be. Either be a prime product or don't.

The Venture has no such problem.

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

He says thank you Nixon and applurker .

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Venture is an overall good card.

The problem with the Quicksilver is that....

.....Well....It's just a card/product that doesn't know what it wants to be. Either be a prime product or don't.

The Venture has no such problem.

That's so true. Cap One runs two completely different operations. Rebuilder/First time credit side, and the Prime side. That QS just seems to want to be a part of both (hence the retarded $300 SL some people are getting, yet others get 10k Visa Signatures lol). The only reason I have a QS is because I PC'd my Journey Student card. I don't think I could apply for the QS without a perfect report, if only to guarantee a "Prime card". 

The Venture on the other hand is basically 10k+ all the time, with a few 5k exceptions.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

He says thank you Nixon and applurker .

This forum is a great tool. It has helped all of us learn from each other and help others. Tell him to use and abuse this site if he must Smiley Happy

Edit: I know he doesn't really care about rewards, but that 40k point signing bonus for the Venture is worth $400 plus the points you accumulate normally so hey it's free money if he ever decides to cash in.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.