tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Cap One Account Combination Woes

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Chat pops up 

It doesn't pop up for me at all. I miss that feature but I'm sure they don't miss me Smiley Tongue

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 21 of 31
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

If messages could be kept Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful even when an answer is valid and not what someone is hoping to hear, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Message 22 of 31
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And just like they have weird and sporatic Chat availabilty.

I noticed this too.  Is Chat gone for everyone?  Does it come and go cause mine went bye-bye a few months ago.

I don't believe it's entirely gone as much as it is availability of the service and the browser being used.   Anytime that I've logged in, it always pops up for me (on Chrome).   Others have reported some nuances in the past with the feature not being available for a while. 

I always use my chromebook, nothing changed that way that I'm aware of.  Glad to know it's been reported by others.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 23 of 31
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:
@simplynoir, sooooo I get no cookie? 🍪 😄

I see you've tempered your expectations by not asking for the whole 🎂

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the OP has a point, if anyone who has Cap1 has had to call them for issues, you either get a human who can help or are directed to somewhere else. Even writing letters to them yields nothing in return, they are credit card company that seems to be hiding phone numbers that could help out consumers.

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the OP has a point, if anyone who has Cap1 has had to call them for issues, you either get a human who can help or are directed to somewhere else. Even writing letters to them yields nothing in return, they are credit card company that seems to be hiding phone numbers that could help out consumers.

That’s because people abused the EO office in the past. You can’t really blame them for shutting down something that everyone abused. It’s the same reason why a lot of companies no longer allow you to speak directly to UW. 

Message 26 of 31
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Also @saeren with EO abuse in the past and tightened regulations over the past few years, I've noticed, even GW requests go unheard or outright turned down.

On the other hand, regardless of OP's frustration- they have a point. These banks could certainly remember what drives their company. And I'm not talking the all mighty dollar (the little guy spending theirs)

Message 27 of 31
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

You overestimate first line customer support. I work in CS and half of my colleagues don't know the basic policies sometimes. Are not aware of changed policies and leads into frustrated customer at times.

Not sure if bank support is as complicated as technical support but our product has hundreds of moving parts and it's also not possible to know answers to every question immediately unless someone go back and researches to find whats changed.

Most CS agents have to close a call with a certain time or it effs up their average for the day. In general it's a terrible situation so if you got an answer her on the forums and you still went on the phone, expecting different and calling their support sub par.... That's not entirely logical.

I do share your frustration of how automated every interaction with cap one feels. They're replacing humans with machines where ever possible to save up some more $$. Which sucks but that where the whole world is heading. Branchless banking is the priority even for big wigs like Citi, AI assistants in apps like Bofa mobile app among others and what not.

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 28 of 31
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

If one doesn't care for a particular company or the manner in which they conduct business they can show their distaste by simply spending their money elsewhere.  No need to get upset or let your blood pressure be raised by it.  These CSRs can only do what their company allows and/or instructs them to do...nothing more, nothing less.  The name of the CSR isn't on the building...I'm sure they're not consulted in regards to the the scripts to be used when a customer calls in nor do they always have authority to right something even if they know it's wrong.  They have limits and parameters that they work within.  

They, like most of us, go to work to provide for themselves and their families.  Scream, yell, be upset, whatever you so desire but your anger is with the wrong person...killing the messenger doesn't change a thing.  If I were a CSR and my company was providing me with a paycheck that supports my family and myself, I wouldn't care how mad a customer got if it meant putting my job or mortgage in jeopardy. 

Remember, just because they can't fix or resolve your issue doesn't mean that agree with the company or that they believe you're wrong in asking...it simply means they have a script to follow and that's what they'll do.  If enough people get sick of the antics of a company just maybe they'll change their ways...apparently for CapOne not enough people are fed up because it's business as usual for them.  

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

If one doesn't care for a particular company or the manner in which they conduct business they can show their distaste by simply spending their money elsewhere.  No need to get upset or let your blood pressure be raised by it.  These CSRs can only do what their company allows and/or instructs them to do...nothing more, nothing less.  The name of the CSR isn't on the building...I'm sure they're not consulted in regards to the the scripts to be used when a customer calls in nor do they always have authority to right something even if they know it's wrong.  They have limits and parameters that they work within.  

They, like most of us, go to work to provide for themselves and their families.  Scream, yell, be upset, whatever you so desire but your anger is with the wrong person...killing the messenger doesn't change a thing.  If I were a CSR and my company was providing me with a paycheck that supports my family and myself, I wouldn't care how mad a customer got if it meant putting my job or mortgage in jeopardy. 

Remember, just because they can't fix or resolve your issue doesn't mean that agree with the company or that they believe you're wrong in asking...it simply means they have a script to follow and that's what they'll do.  If enough people get sick of the antics of a company just maybe they'll change their ways...apparently for CapOne not enough people are fed up because it's business as usual for them.  

Huh? Very soap boxy post. I never blew a blood vessel over this. I was merely relaying frustration and observations over what is going on over at Cap One. That is what this forum is for, no? Discussion?

As an aside, i am a retail underwriter for a community bank. I get all of this.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.