Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One - Amazing

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Cap One - Amazing

Just out of curiousity I asked my cash rewards card to be upgraded to a Venture One card.  (Yeah, this is the same card I have had to contact the EO over to get a CLI, twice.)  And they said yes!

I was stunned.  They said 'yes.' 

Does this mean that I wont be treated like a second class cardholder now? 

I seriously don't know what to think about this!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Twitchrdrm
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap One - Amazing

I'm on the same boat as you are, congrats by the way. I've been trying to get converted over to a Venture product for a while and finally got the ability to do so yesterday. One thing that I thing that kind of puzzles me is that it's a Master Card but I'll hold off full judgement until I get the card and see what it entails.

Message 2 of 3
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One - Amazing

OH yeah, since I PC'd it, it is still a MC.  Hmmmm.....  I did not think of that.  I think it might simply be the same then, as before.  I guess I will know in a few months when I ask for a credit limit increase and get the letter which states, 'this account is not eligible for customer initiated credit limit increases.'  I think that since it is just rewards one way or another to them and if they are using that as a method of appeasing the wrong customers, then it will dilute their brand a bit even more.  It will lose it's distinction.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.