cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI after other Cap One Card Closed?

tag
Razo66

Cap One CLI after other Cap One Card Closed?

To make along story short, like a lot of people, I messed up when I was younger, got approved for too many cards that I couldn’t afford and lost my job. I had two credit cards from the same bank (Capital One) As I was just facing the facts that I could not pay my cards before they closed I decided to pull everything I could together and at least pay one card to keep open, (platinum) now I still have the card but it’s at the same limit since then, I don’t blame them for not doing CLI I’m not going to get mad at the bank or Anything I understand their side, but I was just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation and has successfully gotten their other card to grow? I’m just wondering if in the long run they’ll eventually start gaining trust in me again.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CLI AFTER CLOSED ACCOUNT???

The subject of your thread is a bit confusing. Are both of your Capital One CCs closed or is one of them restricted or still active/open?

Typically, any closed accounts will not be reopened by the lender, depending on the timeframe when it was closed and/or who the lender is.
Message 2 of 4
Razo66

Sorry for the confusion, I had two credit cards with the same bank, capital one. One of which was closed ( quicksilver) and I managed to keep one open, ( Platinum MasterCard) my question was, has anyone had success in growing their card If you had the same bank close out one of your other cards.
Message 3 of 4
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

So if I'm understanding correct, one of the cards got closed but the other is still open, the limit has just not been increased since the other card got closed. Have you paid off the balance on the closed card? If you have, I think eventually you will get increases as they see good patterns replacing the old behavior.

Edit:

Ok , I understand, my response was started before your 2nd post cleared that up.

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.