cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?

@KingAdrock wrote:

So I hit the request CLI option, and got denied. Interestingly the recording said that both the automated system and the CSRs use "the same tools" to determine whether or not you are approved, and that CSRs will not have more detailed information.

Translation as I take it: the computer makes the decision, no one else, don't bother complaining to a CSR because they can't help you. The Cap One computer has spoken.

False, others have gotten the same message after trying the phone option and had success by calling in. I don't think that cli phone option works for anybody.
Message 11 of 13
akaniks
Established Member

Denied. Interesting though... never knew of this. I believe it said my account was not eligible for a customer initiated CLI. I am curious if it never will be eligible. Besides credit steps I have only had one CLI and it was accomplished by using the back door number. I've had my account for a year now. 
Message 12 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

akaniks wrote:
Denied. Interesting though... never knew of this. I believe it said my account was not eligible for a customer initiated CLI. I am curious if it never will be eligible. Besides credit steps I have only had one CLI and it was accomplished by using the back door number. I've had my account for a year now. 

Not to confuse issues by bringing in another CCC, but when the Barclays/ Juniper CSR let slip that this was the case for my B&N MC, I went ahead and closed it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.