Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI request timing...

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Cap One CLI request timing...

Just out of curiousity...if Cap One denies a CLI request, how long do you have to wait before requesting another?  6 months?  3 months?  6 days...lol?  And if I hit it early, does the clock start over?

I've pretty much moved past my QS1.   But  it's my oldest account (by a mile) so I have no plans to get rid of it.

It would be nice if it were more in line with my other CL's.  I don't want to bother with EO as it's not that important to me, but would like to know how often to hit the luv button. I may contact EO at some point to pc to the no-AF version, but I think I need a $3K minimum CL (currently @ $2K).

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One CLI request timing...

@Dw4250 wrote:

Just out of curiousity...if Cap One denies a CLI request, how long do you have to wait before requesting another?  6 months?  3 months?  6 days...lol?  And if I hit it early, does the clock start over?

I've pretty much moved past my QS1.   But  it's my oldest account (by a mile) so I have no plans to get rid of it.

@Anonymous would be nice if it were more in line with my other CL's.  I don't want to bother with EO as it's not that important to me, but would like to know how often to hit the luv button. I may contact EO at some point to pc to the no-AF version, but I think I need a $3K minimum CL (currently @ $2K).

Any thoughts?

You could honestly press that button daily and not see any repercussions it seems like.

Message 2 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Daily, but they soft pull at the end of the month, although it has been since July 29th of this year since they have SP'ed anyone as recent posts have suggested, so pointless until the end of each month in my opinion and hope for their system to update with new score data

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will only honor an increase request six months from the last. However, you can press the luv button as often as you like. But if they deny you, I would wait 3 months and try again. Sometimes they use old scores when denying people.
Message 4 of 11
skigirl916
Established Contributor

I've only done it through the EO... and they were like 2 months apart, if that.

Message 5 of 11
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I do it every 6 months. And I wait a week after the 6th statement has closed so the new info (zero balance) will post to my credit reports. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 6 of 11
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Daily, but they soft pull at the end of the month, although it has been since July 29th of this year since they have SP'ed anyone as recent posts have suggested, so pointless until the end of each month in my opinion and hope for their system to update with new score data

I'm going to try again on Halloween. It'll either be a trick or a treat Smiley Tongue

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 7 of 11
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

You can hit the LUV button as much as you'd like, but it'll only work ~6 months after your last CLI.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want my advice, I just recently got a 1k increase on both my Cap One cards after reading this forum and calling the EO office.  The e-mail wasn't a success but I found the backdoor number and put in for a manual review.  I don't like the LUV button, and just for kicks hit it again which then popped out saying I had a recent CLI.   As a fellow member stated, if you hit the LUV button,  it does SP  three months prior from the date of the request.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen great stories of people who have only had their card limit increased through the E O even though they only had the card a couple months. Then I tried it and it did not work because I got the same response through the E O in writing as I did through the luv button. They said that my account has not been open for six months.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.