Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI -- should we try?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One CLI -- should we try?

Due to an accounting error on my part, a payment to Cap One on DH's card was returned last week. WE IMMEDIATELY paid it with another banking account and all is well now.

It does still carry a balance, though -- that we will be taking care of ASAP.

Should we even bother to call and attempt a CLI? Our third statement hits early next month and other than this boner, we've paid on time (early, early, early) and had no other problems. Previously to this, we've also paid in full immediately.

Should we attempt it? Or wait until the auto hits (I assume) on the third statement? Should we pay it off prior to asking for a CLI?

Any and all suggestions MUCH appreciated, thanks!! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One CLI -- should we try?

Anyone? Please?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you on credit steps?  I wasn't in that program myself, so I can only go from what I've read other people post...but from what I gather if you have a late payment while you're on credit steps they give you another chance for another 3 months.  I don't know if that's the same as if it's a returned check.   I do know though that they don't do hard pulls and there's no harm in asking for one.  I would still call the backdoor number after your third statement posts.  The worst that can happen is they say no! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know (Cap1 is far too strange for me to fathom), but giving a bump for lovely Wonderin! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
akaniks
Established Member

I have a CapOne CC that I opened at the beginning of the year. I accidently paid my card two days late a couple months ago. I immediately made a payment and then a week or so later I sent them an e-mail from my account. I said that I made a mistake and will not let it happen again. Within 48 hours I received an e-mail back that my account was credited the $39 late fee. I paid my card in full at about the same time so my account actually had a credit. A couple weeks after that I called and received a $500 CLI doubling my CL. I started at $300.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.