Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI weirdness?

tag
bearclaw84
Valued Member

Cap One CLI weirdness?

Cap One upped my limit on my BBRZMC this week so I thought why not try on my orchard card too. Makes sense right, considering its now my lowest limit and has been stuck at $400 for 4 years. Well the EO called and said sorry your credit profile doesn't allow for an increase at this time?!? What???? I informed the rep that you just have me an increase on my other card why not this one? He said he would research that fact and see what he could do for me. Now I'm worried they will reverse the decision on the BBRZMC, is that possible? I mean my credit has seriously improved since I got both of these cards and I just don't get their train of thought sometimes? Any one have any insight here?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Cap One CLI weirdness?

@bearclaw84 wrote:
Cap One upped my limit on my BBRZMC this week so I thought why not try on my orchard card too. Makes sense right, considering its now my lowest limit and has been stuck at $400 for 4 years. Well the EO called and said sorry your credit profile doesn't allow for an increase at this time?!? What???? I informed the rep that you just have me an increase on my other card why not this one? He said he would research that fact and see what he could do for me. Now I'm worried they will reverse the decision on the BBRZMC, is that possible? I mean my credit has seriously improved since I got both of these cards and I just don't get their train of thought sometimes? Any one have any insight here?

Stuck your head in the gator mouth huh....Lol jk

Hopefully they see the error of their ways 

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I had Orchard for 5 years and never got an increase.  Don't feel too bad.

Message 3 of 4
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

I had a Cap1 cc for about 5 years, I got it at 300 and they did a CLI to 500 3 months later or something like that, after that I never ever again recieved a CLI increase, I call them pretty much every 6 months, nothing. Then one day barclay send me a pre aproved offer for thier rewards cc got approved at 1500, so after I got the new cc I called cap1, right to the cancelation dpt. they ask me what would make me a happy customer, I told him a reward program and a CLI to at least 1000, they declined, all right cancel then, I was happy. When I applied to the barclay card since I like the inquires to age together I applied for an amazon store card the GE one, that got a 6 month no interest payment plan, they approve me for 600 right off the bat 100 more than cap1 with a 4 years old account, and 2 months later they auto increased my CL to 900 without me asking, do yourself a favor and deal with another bank.

Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.