cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Cap One

tag
wsmitty

Cap One Cap One

I had some Cap One lates removed from my credit information. Now that they updated the balances with the bureaus, the lates are now back.  Has this every happened to anyone?  Now I have to try to have them removed again?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Cap One

wsmitty wrote:
I had some Cap One lates removed from my credit information. Now that they updated the balances with the bureaus, the lates are now back.  Has this every happened to anyone?  Now I have to try to have them removed again?

As long as the information is accurate it can be reinserted into your credit file.  How long ago did you dispute? they had 30 days to update.  Are the accounts still open accounts?

Message 2 of 5
wsmitty

I appreciate the response Brammy.  The accounts are still open, were disputed in July and deleted in August.  Since they have updated my balance info with the bureaus, the late payment marks also appeared with the updated balances.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

wsmitty wrote:
I appreciate the response Brammy.  The accounts are still open, were disputed in July and deleted in August.  Since they have updated my balance info with the bureaus, the late payment marks also appeared with the updated balances.

Capital one is very faithful to report and unfortunately, they have 7 yrs to continue to do so as long as the info is accurate. I have never had any success working with them myself. Even when I was paying monthly payments on a delinquency that had been charged off, they continued to report the same status without mention of the payments. After 6 mos, I quit paying (because they had verbally promised to report payments and change status - that was before I learned to get it in writing) and they eventually fell off my report. 
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to try sending a GW to C1 thogh they are notoriously uncooporative wit GW requests  have heard a few success stories on this board. Especially since you are still a current customer.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.