Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Denied Me!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Denied Me!!

I just applied on-line for a Cap One card and was denied.  I wanted to take advantage of a balance transfer offer I saw on-line.  I'm pretty surprised they denied me - pulled scores 3 days ago - TU 668, EQ 670 - bankruptcy almost 6 years old and I have been good since!!  I know people with much worse credit that have Cap One cards!  What's the deal?  How long should I wait to call for a recon?  Does anyone know if I don't qualify for the card I applied for could I be approved for a different card of theirs when I call the recon #?  Thanks in advance for your reply! 
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
pattycake
Established Contributor

Re: Cap One Denied Me!!

Are those real life FICO scores or FAKOs? 

I think Cap One automatically considers you for other cards when you are declined for a different one.  It's worth calling and asking for a recon.  Check out the stickied thread for backdoor numbers and give it a shot, or look at the thread with BK friendly cards.   

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are real FICO scores - purchased on Myfico.com
Message 3 of 16
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Which Cap1 card did you apply for?
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was the Platinum Card with 0% interest on purchases and balance transfers until May 2010.
Message 5 of 16
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

That's one of Cap1's higher end cards, at least for them.  If you have a BK it's an automatic decline.  Call for recon to see what cards you qualify for. 
Message 6 of 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just applied on-line for a Cap One card and was denied.  I wanted to take advantage of a balance transfer offer I saw on-line.  I'm pretty surprised they denied me - pulled scores 3 days ago - TU 668, EQ 670 - bankruptcy almost 6 years old and I have been good since!!  I know people with much worse credit that have Cap One cards!  What's the deal?  How long should I wait to call for a recon?  Does anyone know if I don't qualify for the card I applied for could I be approved for a different card of theirs when I call the recon #?  Thanks in advance for your reply! 

You should be calling right now!

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 phone calls and 2 letters asking for recon did nothing for me.  They would not give me a card even though they are the ones that sent me 5 pre-approval letters.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible that because a Cap One card was included in my BK 6 years ago I am not eligible for another card through them?

Message 9 of 16
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it possible that because a Cap One card was included in my BK 6 years ago I am not eligible for another card through them?

That's possible, but without question just having the BK got you declined for their platinum card.  Whether Cap1 blacklists people, someone else would have to answer.  

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.