Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap. One EO email- haven't heard back

tag
Grover627
New Contributor

Cap. One EO email- haven't heard back

Yesterday morning, I sent an email to the Cap. One EO, which I attached below. I still haven't heard back from anyone at Cap. One. How long should I wait before I resend the email, and based on what I wrote below, do you think I have a decent chance of being approved for a CLI or added rewards? My current credit scores range from 640 to 681. Thanks in advance for any pearls of wisdom you all have to offer! Smiley Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning sir:

First of all, I want to thank you for extending credit to me back when nobody else would. I have had my two Capital One credit cards for a while now.  I have had a Platinum card (***!) for over a year now, and a second Platinum card (****) for about a month now.  I have worked hard in rebuilding my credit and look forward to many years with my Capital One cards.  I have made every payment on time and try to pay in full as often as I can.

I am writing to request a credit limit increase on my Platinum card (***!). With my current limit, it will not be practical for me use this card on upcoming business and personal trips, while keeping my debt to credit utilization in mind. I have some purchases I will be making in the near future and would like to utilize the convenience of my Capital One card instead of cash. I would like an increase of $4500 to take my limit to $7000. In addition, I would like to have a rewards feature added to my account. I have recently been extended credit from other banks, all with healthy credit lines, low APRs, and rewards features. Since Capital One was there for me during a difficult moment of my life, I do feel some loyalty to keep using your services whenever possible. At the same time, it has to make sense financially for me to do so. I am looking forward to being a strong customer of yours for many years to come!

Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.  Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

All the best,

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Cap. One EO email- haven't heard back

@Grover627 wrote:

Yesterday morning, I sent an email to the Cap. One EO, which I attached below. I still haven't heard back from anyone at Cap. One. How long should I wait before I resend the email, and based on what I wrote below, do you think I have a decent chance of being approved for a CLI or added rewards? My current credit scores range from 640 to 681. Thanks in advance for any pearls of wisdom you all have to offer! Smiley Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning sir:

First of all, I want to thank you for extending credit to me back when nobody else would. I have had my two Capital One credit cards for a while now.  I have had a Platinum card (***!) for over a year now, and a second Platinum card (****) for about a month now.  I have worked hard in rebuilding my credit and look forward to many years with my Capital One cards.  I have made every payment on time and try to pay in full as often as I can.

I am writing to request a credit limit increase on my Platinum card (***!). With my current limit, it will not be practical for me use this card on upcoming business and personal trips, while keeping my debt to credit utilization in mind. I have some purchases I will be making in the near future and would like to utilize the convenience of my Capital One card instead of cash. I would like an increase of $4500 to take my limit to $7000. In addition, I would like to have a rewards feature added to my account. I have recently been extended credit from other banks, all with healthy credit lines, low APRs, and rewards features. Since Capital One was there for me during a difficult moment of my life, I do feel some loyalty to keep using your services whenever possible. At the same time, it has to make sense financially for me to do so. I am looking forward to being a strong customer of yours for many years to come!

Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.  Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

All the best,

You should hear back from them in 2-3 business days 

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
Grover627
New Contributor

Update- I just heard back from a very pleasant lady tonight. She was able to offer me 1% cash back rewards on all my purchases, and submitted my CLI for a manual review. She said she would get back to me in 3-5 business days. The wait goes on... Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
JohnWillyson

I contacted them yesterday too but in hindsight all they have is my name and email to link up with their system. Maybe I should have provided more information... Glad you got a response!

Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 07/27/2013 - No apps until 2014

Aoccdrnig to a rscheeachr at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Message 4 of 7
Grover627
New Contributor

I just logged in to my Cap. One account this morning, and while they didn't give me the full amount I asked for, they did give me $1000, bringing my CL to $3500! I will now sit back, keep my balances low, and allow all my cards to age for a while! Good day indeed!!

Message 5 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Nice! I like how nice your email sounds!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 7
pt310
Frequent Contributor

@JohnWillyson wrote:
I contacted them yesterday too but in hindsight all they have is my name and email to link up with their system. Maybe I should have provided more information... Glad you got a response!

They will contact you and get your information at that point. Most advice I've read on here is to not include it in your original email anyway....No worries. It worked for me back in May.  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.