Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Late Payment!

tag
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Cap One Late Payment!

You guys, I'm worried.

Yesterday my payment was due on Capone secured but i totally missed it since i rely on email notifications letting me know if i had a balance.

I paid of the card on January so i wasn't to worry and thought it would report a 0 balance plus its SD. However i totally forgot i had a recurring fee for Netflix on it and it was only $7.99 i owed. 

I made the payment today but i'm worried Capone might do something for my late payment. Smiley Sad

I never had a late payment so i'm a little embarrased. 

Will this affect my score? Thanks. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Cap One Late Payment!

Late payments (afaik) only get reported if they're 30+ days late. They might hike you up to the penalty apr though.
Message 2 of 6
chan85
Established Contributor

Most likely they won't even report the late payment to the bureaus, you weren't more than 30 days late. i was late a few times on my account and it never showed on my credit report.

however they may jack up your interest rate. can't remember if that changed with the new credit card laws.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 3 of 6
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

I missed my payment on my secured card by one day because I tried to pay on the 7th which my payment was due on the 8th but I tried to pay on the 7th after 5pm which was considered late. I called into a CSR and they reversed the 19 dollar late fee and proccessed my payment. No lates on my CR.
BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 4 of 6
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone. I will call them later on today to see if any changes to my account happen. I never use the card just that recurring fee. 

I don't know what happened, i'm always on top of payment dates. Must of slipped. Lol. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 5 of 6
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

It happens to the best of us.
BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.