Did you mean: 

Cap One No Hassle Cash Rewards Card

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Cap One No Hassle Cash Rewards Card

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

Whoa...scrap that...will be YMMV, as usual...

I just messaged a friend about this...he tells me Cap One actually sent him a mail offer for that card (He has the same platinum card and a similar credit profile to mine)...and when he applied, they shot him down and suggested he apply for their SECURED card! Smiley Very Happy

SO happy I didn't waste a hard pull on these jacka**es in vain...just goes to show you, they are good for a singular purpose - credit rebuilding. Look elsewhere for rewards and other goodies associated with improving credit.

I thought the Capital One No Hassle Rewards Card and Cap One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) were for those with average credit and in the rebuilding phase?

The Green Cash Back Card is for excellent credit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

Whoa...scrap that...will be YMMV, as usual...

I just messaged a friend about this...he tells me Cap One actually sent him a mail offer for that card (He has the same platinum card and a similar credit profile to mine)...and when he applied, they shot him down and suggested he apply for their SECURED card! Smiley Very Happy

SO happy I didn't waste a hard pull on these jacka**es in vain...just goes to show you, they are good for a singular purpose - credit rebuilding. Look elsewhere for rewards and other goodies associated with improving credit.

I thought the Capital One No Hassle Rewards Card and Cap One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) were for those with average credit and in the rebuilding phase?

The Green Cash Back Card is for excellent credit.

There is also a Green Cash Rewards Card for average credit on Capital One website.

Message 22 of 25
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

My Cap One Secured card has been reporting to all 3 Credit Bureaus for a year now.  That's never been a problem.  I was approved for the Cap One No Hassle Cash Rewards Card in Jan. It has not reported yet, but I called and Customer Service and was told it will start reporting after my first billing cycle ends which is Friday. 

I have a question..I keep hearing about this "CREDIT STEPS" Program.  What is that and I how do I find out if my card is in that program?  Is that a good or bad thing?  If I am not in the program will I be stuck at the same credit limit forever?! ($500).  I've checked my "Documents" section of on the website and see nothing about this program.

Slowly building....
Message 23 of 25
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:

My Cap One Secured card has been reporting to all 3 Credit Bureaus for a year now.  That's never been a problem.  I was approved for the Cap One No Hassle Cash Rewards Card in Jan. It has not reported yet, but I called and Customer Service and was told it will start reporting after my first billing cycle ends which is Friday. 

I have a question..I keep hearing about this "CREDIT STEPS" Program.  What is that and I how do I find out if my card is in that program?  Is that a good or bad thing?  If I am not in the program will I be stuck at the same credit limit forever?! ($500).  I've checked my "Documents" section of on the website and see nothing about this program.

I applied and was approved for the No Hassle Cash Rewards card on 12/17/11 and got the Credit Steps document dated 12/25/11, according to the Documents online. Hope this helps.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 24 of 25
beb86
Valued Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:

it should be called the "credit step" program since people rarely go past the first step from $500 to $750

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.