cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One - PC Question - Quicksilver to Venture One?

tag
danman1202

Cap One - PC Question - Quicksilver to Venture One?

Hi,

I recently did a PC to a Quicksilver card from a Platinum Mastercard that had no reward structure that was my first credit card from years ago.  I already had a Quicksilver card...so now I have two of them.  I went to Cap One's website to see if I could change the first Quicksilver I had and they offered me the Venture card and the Venture One card.  I do not want the Venture card due to the annual fee as I know I won't spend enough to justify it.  The Venture One card seems like it isn't as good as Quicksilver...my question is, am I correct or are there benefits to Venture One that I'm not realizing?  Because at this juncture I'm thinking I'm just going to stand pat with what I have with Cap One.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
WarthogWrangler
Contributor

Re: Cap One - PC Question - Quicksilver to Venture One?

Really just depends on what your needs are.  The Venture is for people who like to travel and value airline miles.  QS is for people that like cash back.  I believe the Venture can achieve a higher CL though.  

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not really an updgrade. With QS you are getting 1.5% cash back. With Venture One you will get 1.25 "miles" that can only be redeemed against travel charges. 

Message 3 of 6
danman1202

Yeah that's what it seems like, plus you're locked it only being travel miles.  I think I'm going to stay put if this is the case.

Message 4 of 6
ficosuave
Contributor

Yeah, I have actually PC'd back and forth between them, just because I get bored, and because my spend on the card really doesn't amount to enough to care all that much about the effective .25% difference in rewards. Wish the Savor PC's would make a comeback, but that's another story.

The only advantage I can see at the moment is maybe if you used Hotels.com enough for the 10x miles promotion to matter. But then that's going away in January and to my knowledge they haven't announced anything to replace it.

Sort of been hoping for a refresh, but hasn't been a whisper of that either.

Message 5 of 6
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I would stick with QS.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.