cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One PC to Quicksilver from Platinum!

tag
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Cap One PC to Quicksilver from Platinum!

Successful PC yesterday.  Same rate, same CL ($750)  but I'm out of the Platinum!   

If anyone's been here and can say when next CLI might be, or when to ask, I'd appreciate it.  I'm hoping to not be bucketed too badly.  

I might also be interested in doing a balance Transfer... anyone used QS for that, or asked Cap One to raise their limit so they could do so?  Success?  Laughter?  

Thank you!

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
1) GARDEN until I app for Mortgage.
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  
3) Don't waste the gifted 0% time on the student loans. 
4) Ultimately, refi the house at non-usury terms. 

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One PC to Quicksilver from Platinum!

I have read different stories, some people have had success with requesting a CLI right after a PC. I recommend you wait a few days and request one.

Message 2 of 32
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your upgrade!
Message 3 of 32
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Thanks to you both! I appreciate the info, @ClassicMan

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  

Message 4 of 32
ultimaterewardsguy357
Regular Contributor

@Pit-Smoker Congratulations on your successful PC! I am hoping to PC my Cap One QS1 to QS in 5 months after 2 successful years with Cap One and hoping to PC my CapOne Platinum MC to a VR in 9 months. I have heard of being able to request a CLI at the time of asking for a PC and others have also mentioned waiting 6 months after PC to request a CLI.

How long were you with CapOne Platinum before you asked and got approved for a PC?

10/23/2023 [FICO Score 8] EX: 768 TU: 761 EQ: 777

Future Cards:
Message 5 of 32
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats and Happy New Year!

Message 6 of 32
3se7ens
Frequent Contributor

I did the PC back in march after the 3rd statement. My CL remained at $300.
Then after the 4th statement they gave me $100 after my request for more.
I got my last CLI in June after the 6th statment...another $100. smh
So I guess I'm bucketed.
Anyway CONGRATS!!

As of 3/2022

EQ.-721  |  TU.-731  |  EX.-708

Top Cards:

AmEx Gold - $10,000 POT. BofA Americard $17,000 NFCU CR. $16,000 NFCU Plat.$15,000 FNBO Visa $14,800

Disco Miles $14,000 Chase FU $13,900 USAA Signature $13,000  PayPal MC $10,000 

Macy's AmEx $25,000 Macy's AmEx (upgraded) $25,000

Message 7 of 32
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

I was able to PC my QS1 2 days after a CLI. Good luck with everything!

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the PC!
Message 9 of 32
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

@ultimaterewardsguy357 wrote:

@Pit-Smoker Congratulations on your successful PC! I am hoping to PC my Cap One QS1 to QS in 5 months after 2 successful years with Cap One and hoping to PC my CapOne Platinum MC to a VR in 9 months. I have heard of being able to request a CLI at the time of asking for a PC and others have also mentioned waiting 6 months after PC to request a CLI.

How long were you with CapOne Platinum before you asked and got approved for a PC?

6-7 months, Ulti.  I got the "5 but really 6 month" Good Behavior increase to $750 in early October, and just got the QS yesterday.   That's...  why I'm hoping I'm not bucketed too badly.   

2021 goals: 

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.