Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One PC !

tag
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Cap One PC !

So DH has a $500 limit cap one platinum that's turning 1 yr old next month. He's still in rebuild but is doing quite well. So I had him call cap one to check on any PC offers and they upgraded him to the Quicksilver! Moving on up!! We will also be requesting a CLI next month. Anyone have any luck with CLI right after PC on this card?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One PC !

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

So DH has a $500 limit cap one platinum that's turning 1 yr old next month. He's still in rebuild but is doing quite well. So I had him call cap one to check on any PC offers and they upgraded him to the Quicksilver! Moving on up!! We will also be requesting a CLI next month. Anyone have any luck with CLI right after PC on this card?

PC and CLI seem to have no bearing on eachother so you're good in that respect. I was able to PC a card the day after a CLI once, and have read plenty of vice versa stories. Cap1 CLIs are generally in the $100-$500 range these days, so do not be offended if that's what they offer you-you're in the same boat as everyone else. They have been on a CLD spree, too, but that is just for larger unused lines. I would say go for the CLI on a $500 CL card, as this will not be on their radar. Good luck, and let us know how it pans out! Smiley Happy 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 7
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

@Ficoproblems247  Well, he asked for a cli about a week ago and was denied saying it hadnt been 6 months since his last cli which was a credit steps increase. But then i had the idea to check for PC options for him. So i thought ok, lets PC it and wait until next month at the "6 month mark" and ask again and maybe theyll cough up something. I dont anticipate anything groundbreaking but we will take what we can get. He actually was going to SD that Cap One bc it had no rewards and a low limit. So i fixed the rewards part lol. Now we need to work on the limit!

Message 3 of 7
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 

"Friends dont let friends earn 1% cash back" LOL 

Message 4 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

@Ficoproblems247  Well, he asked for a cli about a week ago and was denied saying it hadnt been 6 months since his last cli which was a credit steps increase. But then i had the idea to check for PC options for him. So i thought ok, lets PC it and wait until next month at the "6 month mark" and ask again and maybe theyll cough up something. I dont anticipate anything groundbreaking but we will take what we can get. He actually was going to SD that Cap One bc it had no rewards and a low limit. So i fixed the rewards part lol. Now we need to work on the limit

I'm in the same boat. Got my steps increase in May, tried for a CLI last month (been trying every couple of months), but forgot about their 6-month rule. So we'll see if they throw me a bone next month. Probably only offer me $100. lol

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on DH product upgrade!

Message 6 of 7
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

@OmarGB9 My DH also got his increase in May. I thinking theyll prob be stingy too but we will see!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.