Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Platinum Future CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Platinum Future CLI

Good Morning and Happy Thursday! Yesterday, my husband got an email form Capital One saying he can have a future CLI from Sl of $3,000 to $3,500 after paying five payments. He opened this account December 2018. I myself never have those offer for future, only Auto CLI or I requested them myself. I guess this is a new thing for new accounts?

(Feel free to move this to the correct topic, Thank you!)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap One Platinum Future CLI

IIRC, these are accounts that are enrolled in the credit-steps program. The latter has been around for years and is typically available to any of their core cards as well as PLCCs (Sony, GM Buypower, etc.).
Message 2 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

OP, tell your husband to request a limit increase about a month before his scheduled Steps increase. He should take whatever they offer. This won't affect his Steps increase. However, his Steps increase will preclude any more CLIs for six months.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

OP, tell your husband to request a limit increase about a month before his scheduled Steps increase. He should take whatever they offer. This won't affect his Steps increase. However, his Steps increase will preclude any more CLIs for six months.

Got it, so after the 4th statement cuts?? Thank you!
I hope he'll allow me to because he thinks I'm addicted to credit stuff LOL. If it wasn't for me he won't even have an SL of 3K for his very first card in US Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

There is also the possibility of him getting more than the $500 CLI after his steps increase.   I was scheduled for a $500 steps CLI and Cap One gave me a $3000 CLI at that time. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! that felt nice I bet!! Did you ask prior like the advice before you? Or you just let it auto CLI of $3K?

@MakingProgress wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

There is also the possibility of him getting more than the $500 CLI after his steps increase.   I was scheduled for a $500 steps CLI and Cap One gave me a $3000 CLI at that time. 

Message 6 of 10
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

My first cap1 card was approved for 3k, after 4-5 months to 3.5k, six months later to 6.5k. 

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 7 of 10
CivalV
Established Contributor

Thats a pretty decent SL for a Cap 1 Plat with credit steps. I helped my mother open her first Cap 1 QS1. After her 3rd statement cut I requested a CLI. They gave her $100 and because she is also in credit steps she will still be upped to $500 in March.
Message 8 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

If they gave her $100, she might be upped to $600.

Message 9 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

OP you might want to edit your pic. You name is in it.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.