cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Platinum PC'ed to Quicksilver Success?

tag
Mvpbowler
Contributor

Cap One Platinum PC'ed to Quicksilver Success?

Anyone had success PCing from a Cap One Platinum to a QuickSilver card? Waiting for someone from EO to call to talk about it. Was just wondering what strong points you used or what they had to say? The card I would like to PC is 6.5 yrs old now, maybe they will be nice?!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap One Platinum PC'ed to Quicksilver Success?

Yeah EO PC'ed mine to QS one with the annual Fee

facebook message capital one or you can look up EO for Cap one on google if you want

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 2 of 8
Mvpbowler
Contributor

Thanks Mikey.. Yea I went the FB route for a PC and they told me they couldn't do it. I spoke with a lady with the EO this morning who happened to be handling a different matter for me and she took all the info and forwarded it on to the proper department. Just trying to see if anyone had any good selling points other than great payment history and how long I have been with them.

Message 3 of 8
Exonumist
Established Contributor

I had tried with the normal csr and they said there was no offer on my account. When I talked to the EO they said there was an offer and did the PC. 1.5% rewards no af and still a Mastercard. My account online still says Platinum Mastercard, but they did send the Quicksilver card as well. So it's kind of like a hybrid between the two I suppose. It looks a lot nicer then any other Capital One card has. 

Message 4 of 8
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

YOu can try to write them a letter or call them again this time for the matter of upgrading your card
persistance may pay off..

I wrote a complaint that I was denied CLI and won't waive my AF to them on facebook and EO called to handle this matter and told me she'll work on the CLI and work on the AF next but I do have a upgrade offer to convert my card to a AF Card but turns out that she calls back saying she can only give me partial CLI of 1,000 increase and I'll be converted to QS one with AF

I now see a rewards link on below my account so in that matter you should try again

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 5 of 8
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I have 3 cap 1 cards ( 1 was Orchard) 

1 Capital 1 Plat Classic ( No rewards)

2. Capital 1 Green (1% back with 50% bonus per year)

3. Orchard bank with no rewards

First I told them the 1st card was not compeitive with the 2nd card, so they offered to add 1.5% rewards, the next week i told them card 2 was not competitive with card 1, they PCed it to a QSO, then I said the 3rd card wasn't competitive eith either and they added 2x travel miles / $1 (just like the venture card). Three seperate calls, I also mentioned CLIs and AF waivers, but thats a different storySmiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
StudentSam
New Contributor

I called the EO and explained I had the same $500 limit for over 5 years. She then upgraded me to the QuickSilver One (whatever that is)

Is it a good card?

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

they didn't allow me to PC my platinum (former Orchard card) to Quicksilver/One, but they cloaked it with QS benefits...lol...so platinum with 1.5% cash back...got a small CLI, and got the AF fee i just paid returned (asked for AF be waived, but I will try again)...gl!

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.