cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Platinum Prestige/Platinum Mastercard?

tag

Cap One Platinum Prestige/Platinum Mastercard?

Cap One's Platinum Prestige is :

0% APR purchases/BT's until 3/2014.

No AF

3% BT fee for balances transferred until 03/2014.

Then the usual different APR after that time based off credit report.

No over limit fee.

Cap One's Platinum Mastercard is (pre-approved offer):

0% APR purchases/BT's until 09/2013

NO AF

NO BT FEE (ever?)

22.9% after promo period.

No over limit fee.

Which one would be best for a situation where I do have need to transfer balances. Maybe multiple balances.

Maybe I just need to debate if the promo period is sufficient for the pre-approved offer I have.

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cap One Platinum Prestige/Platinum Mastercard?

@heytherehitherehothere wrote:

Cap One's Platinum Prestige is :

0% APR purchases/BT's until 3/2014.

No AF

3% BT fee for balances transferred until 03/2014.

Then the usual different APR after that time based off credit report.

No over limit fee.

Cap One's Platinum Mastercard is (pre-approved offer):

0% APR purchases/BT's until 09/2013

NO AF

NO BT FEE (ever?)

22.9% after promo period.

No over limit fee.

Which one would be best for a situation where I do have need to transfer balances. Maybe multiple balances.

Maybe I just need to debate if the promo period is sufficient for the pre-approved offer I have.

Any thoughts?

RUN AWAY!

Do you have a Capital One already?

I have in the past and currently have a Capital One but I do things I would tell others not to do! and my opinion is if you have decent or good credit and are prepaired to take 3 HP's I rather go and find 3 creditors that are known to almost always pull just 1 particular report and instead of 1 capital one you could possibly get 3!

Now if you have an issue with getting 3 accounts because of age or something else in your credit profile... go find 3 cards that currently have even longer 0% if that's what you want or have WAY better rewards and growth later and post here under new thread and everyone here at the board could tell you what order to apply in... if app 1 you get approved and get limit needed then don't apply for other 2 if you don't want or just apply for all 3 if you want more cards!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.