Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Platinum

tag
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Cap One Platinum

For those who have this card, what were your scores when approved?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Platinum

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:

For those who have this card, what were your scores when approved?

When i was approved 3 months ago i was at 595. I did have a QS1 for 6 months with spotless PIF every month so that may have helped me.

SL was $300 going to do a CLI tomorrow, will see what they give me. have been putting $1000 per month through this card

Message 2 of 9
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Do you know who they pulled?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
Floyduda
New Contributor

Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian...all 3

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:

Do you know who they pulled?

Cap1 always pulls all three. I have the Platinum, QS1 and Kohls (Cap1 backed), everytime i have been hit with 3 HP's. But Cap1 have been great to me

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

High 500s in July. Clean file including inquiries then Capital One pulled all 3 credit reports.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for Cap One Quicksilver One with a low SL of $ 300 when my scores were around 600.  That was almost a year and a half ago.  A  year later, the SL increased to $ 400.  Now, my scores are between 655 to 685, yet I cannot get a pre-qualified from their site due to excessive inquiries and too many recent accounts.  My point is just don't just use the fico scores as your parameter but also look at other things on your report.  To be honest, if I knew back then about how Cap One buckets their cards, I would have gone with the Discover Secured card.  

Message 7 of 9
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

If you average more than 650 on each CB, you might get QS or at least QS1.

prequal?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score were 648 TU and 633 EX. I cant find EQ for that time.

I received a mailer and I was approved for a 500$ SL w/ credit steps

It was my first credit card so I had no history except for a cosigned auto loan that was 1 year and 2 months old.

I did have 3 inquiries, 2 from the auto loan, 1 from tmobile all were a year old at time of application.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.