cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One - Venture/Savor/QS - how long since last app?

tag
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Cap One - Venture/Savor/QS - how long since last app?

So. 

Most of my scores are perilously close to 800.  No derogs.  Adequate income.  Aggregate utilization below 4% -- AZE2 (15-20% util on my BoA cards).  But lots of INQs.

CapOne's prequal site says I'd love a Platinum or QS1.  I'm more a Venture/Savor/QS kinda guy.

Any thoughts as to how long after my two Oct INQs (and new cards (Uber V, TD Cash)) I might have to wait before Cap One offers me a card I want (if ever)?

FWIW, much of my income (5K+/mo) is direct deposited to a CO chequing account.

Insight welcome.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One - Venture/Savor/QS - how long since last app?

I added two accounts in April, then three accounts in August. I applied and was approved for a SavorOne ($95/fee makes regular Savor pointless to me) at the end of November.

It had been three reported statements since the most recent accounts. I was 5/12, 5/24 at that point. I had 1- 6 inquiries, depending on the bureau.

I wouldn't wait on their prequal site if you want one. It also showed me only a Platinum and secured card.

Message 2 of 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Capital One is very stingy with their higher end cards lately, and they seem to have some type of 5/24 rule going on, but no one really knows the specifics.

If the prequal is only showing their starter cards I would definitely wait until that changes before wasting an app. I've seen very few Savor/Venture/QS approvals around here in the past 6 months to a year. They definitely have really tightened up.

I would keep checking the prequal and aim for at least six months past those recent inquiries, but again, no one really knows what kind of rule Capital One has now.

Message 3 of 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

Capital One is very stingy with their higher end cards lately, and they seem to have some type of 5/24 rule going on, but no one really knows the specifics.

If the prequal is only showing their starter cards I would definitely wait until that changes before wasting an app. I've seen very few Savor/Venture/QS approvals around here in the past 6 months to a year. They definitely have really tightened up.

I would keep checking the prequal and aim for at least six months past those recent inquiries, but again, no one really knows what kind of rule Capital One has now.

+1 basically what he stated unless you are prequalified on their site for Venture/QS/Savor type of scenario and have opened around 5-6+ cards in the last two years I would certainly not blind app as they do have something in place such as 5/24, but no one knows for sure exactly what kinda rule it is.. They have turned very anti churning within the last yearish time frame give or take months

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.