Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One blacklist

tag
MclarenF1
Established Member

Re: Cap One blacklist

I am not that familiar with BK's but is there a general way to pay back the $300 as goodwill and a way to start fresh?  I am just curious as I would want to pay back a creditor in full before I expected even a reply from them.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

See I would be more than happy to pay them the 300 I burned them for as long as they let me back in... I'm gonna try to get ahold of someone to see if they would do that
Message 12 of 26
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Good luck.  I'm still on their blacklist 8 months post discharge.  I IIB two accounts with them for around $3000 total.  Since then, I've rebuilt with a car loan for me, a car lease for my wife with GM Financial (who we also included in the bankruptcy) several Comenity accounts (JCrew, Victoris Secret, Overstock), Kohls, and a 5/3 Bank mastercard, USAA secured Amex, and Discover secured.  I apped for Capital one so I could close one of my secured cards, and 8 months post discharge, with scores in the 660s, I got declined with no credit pull.  Not sure if their one year post CO blacklist is going to go by the date of filing or the date of discharge, though.  We'll see.  

Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 definitely blacklists! They may not practice this often but they sure blacklist some. I was able to get a Platinum with 2K SL almost immediately after discharge but my husband who had 3 of their accounts IIB for a total of $3k keeps getting denied. The response is always "too many past or present credit obligations". His apps with them never result in a hard inquiry just an instant rejection. 

Message 14 of 26
pip3man
Valued Contributor

but wait a minute why cant u just shell out a measly $300 and pay them back in full... it's not like it's a significant amount or are u that broke... besides if the table were to turn, would u be willing to loan money to a friend who didnt pay u in the past? U gotta be considerate... u shouldn't be complaining c'mon now 

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's odd....

I thought we taxpayers just bailed out the banks. And not because of those who sought relief with bankruptcy but because of corporate greed?
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

mister-endowed take your condescending comments somewhere else. Reread the comments as I said I have no problem paying them back as long as they let me back in. No one was complaining. We come on these forums to acquire more information, not for someone else to tell you "$300 isn't that much" when they clearly have not been in a chapter 13 bankruptcy where you have no leftover money because the trustee takes all extra money.
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filing bankruptcy was one of the hardest decisions of my life. I agonized over it for years. The stress and harrassing phone calls I think even led me to miscarry. This should be a safe place to discuss our circumstances, not a place of judgment.
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly right
Message 19 of 26
pip3man
Valued Contributor

This doesn't really progress the conversation --Rev, myFICO moderator

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.