Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One card not updating balance! UGH!

tag
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Cap One card not updating balance! UGH!

My capitol one card has a 3000CL which I have lowered the balance considerably over the last two months, taking util from 100% to 68%. However, they have not updated the EQ file since Oct 1. It has already updated with TU and EX for Dec and also changed in Nov. This has netted me a nice increase in points on those two CRs, but EQ is still way behind (see scores below). What can I do to get it to update? My other cards have very small limits, so my util is especially high on this report. Due to being in the middle of a mortgage, I can't file a dispute. Any ideas folks? Thanks in advance.

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: Cap One card not updating balance! UGH!

I have no comment to your question.

I am just shocked that you are getting a mortgage with a 613 middle score.  Who's your lender?  lol jk ;P

Message 2 of 16
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@jandj80 wrote:

My capitol one card has a 3000CL which I have lowered the balance considerably over the last two months, taking util from 100% to 68%. However, they have not updated the EQ file since Oct 1. It has already updated with TU and EX for Dec and also changed in Nov. This has netted me a nice increase in points on those two CRs, but EQ is still way behind (see scores below). What can I do to get it to update? My other cards have very small limits, so my util is especially high on this report. Due to being in the middle of a mortgage, I can't file a dispute. Any ideas folks? Thanks in advance.

I know how you feel! Its really frustrating Smiley Mad I paid off my Discover card early October and they didn't update since then. Still shows a balance

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 16
jandj80
Regular Contributor

FHA only requires 580 middle score and 3.5% down. Do your homework before making rude comments. My husband had cancer, so we have crappy credit. 

Message 4 of 16
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@jandj80 wrote:

FHA only requires 580 middle score and 3.5% down. Do your homework before making rude comments. My husband had cancer, so we have crappy credit. 

Hmm, uhhh okkkkkyy.  Rude?  Not sure how you came up with that one.  Don't think my lol and jk and my winking smile with tonuge sticking out turns my comment into rudeness.

And excuse me for thinking that 640 ( OORRRR 620) was the standard bottom acceptance for a mortagage.

Okay so 580  I got it.  

Message 5 of 16
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

OP, no one asked about your current situation. Also I send my condolenses to your signficant other but a certain medical condition doesn't have to ruin your credit. Trust me there are other options out there like writing GW letters to CEO's and certain individuals. Also, no one was being rude they were being a bit sarcastic. Don't rant and rave and hope for responses if you can't take a joke.

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 6 of 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I paid off my Living Spaces bill. Balance was $777 a month ago and GE has yet to update my report. I also paid off my Discover card--balance was $930. Account sits at 0 and Discover hasn't updated my report either. It takes time.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 7 of 16
Croselx
Contributor

Try calling and asking them to report the correct balance (shouldn't CCCs report only accurate info?)?

OR since the balance is updated on 2 out of 3 reports you can explain that to the bank and they should understand (hopefully).

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 8 of 16
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Well, I would assume most people on this particular board are here because they have poor credit, there was no need to throw in a dig about being shocked by the fact that we got approved. I would assume most people in the market for a mortgage with poor credit would be aware of FHA requirments considering its a federal program with a 580 requirement nationwide. Furthermore, yes, he did not ask about my situation, but on the same token I did not ask for questions about how we got a mortgage. We did not get into a credit fiasco by racking up debt and not paying for it. My husband was diagnosed at age 19, while in college, and had no insurance. Between the huge cost of his immune drugs, chemo, and multiple surgeries, we had HUGE medical debts, collections accross 5 states, no amount of GW or PFD takes care of that. I didn't have 100K laying around to offer settlements. We filed BK, and have been trying to recover ever since. Its certainly not to be taken lightly. 

Message 9 of 16
jandj80
Regular Contributor

@Croselx wrote:

Try calling and asking them to report the correct balance (shouldn't CCCs report only accurate info?)?

OR since the balance is updated on 2 out of 3 reports you can explain that to the bank and they should understand (hopefully).

Just called them, apparently there is some internal disptue they can do. Bad news is it takes 60-90 days to complete. Let's hope its faster than that! YIKES! The bank isn't really concerned about it, I just want that darn EQ score to come up and be closer to the other 2. It looks so bad hangin back there 100 points behind, lol. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.