Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One secured graduated!

tag
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

Cap One secured graduated!

Croatia just lost the world cup final and I was in shambles. Checked my email just to get my mind off the heartbreak and got a real nice surprise. Sure enough, logged into my account and a $99 credit was posted to my account.

One day before my 11th due date, Cap One graduated my secured card! I had submitted my 11th payment, but it hadn't posted yet. That follows an auto CLI on my 5th statement. I've used the living daylights out of the card - Charge up to 90% - 95% util and then PIF every month. Only carried a balance one the card one month.

Is it too early to ask for a QS1 combo? My QS1 was opened in April with a $300 SL, says it'll auto CLI to $500 after 5 on-time payments. I have zero use for a Cap One Platinum when I get 1.5% cashback on the QS1.

I'm gonna go back and weep some more now Smiley Happy

Current FICO8:

2017: $200 secured card | 2023: $200,000+ total credit line
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One secured graduated!

Congrats on the graduation.   That is awesome

Your cards have to be open 12 months before they will let you combine them, but you should send an email to the EO and see if they will change your Platinum to a QS no AF.  That's what i did with mine.  You can google Capitial One EO and the address should pop up.  It was worth it to me, and then when you do combine you can keep the original card and history and lose the AF Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, OP! Most people on the forums still haven't had their Capital One Secured cards graduate yet---for some, it has been more than 2 years. Smiley Happy

I am glad you are making progress in your re-build. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, OP! Most people on the forums still haven't had their Capital One Secured cards graduate yet---for some, it has been more than 2 years. Smiley Happy

Most of the cards that were opened before 2017, weren't in that will graduate mode.  Not saying that it won't or couldnt happen, but Cap1 would have to update alot of accts. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Most of the cards that were opened before 2017, weren't in that will graduate mode.  Not saying that it won't or couldnt happen, but Cap1 would have to update alot of accts. 

Interesting. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the graduation.   That is awesome

Your cards have to be open 12 months before they will let you combine them, but you should send an email to the EO and see if they will change your Platinum to a QS no AF.  That's what i did with mine.  You can google Capitial One EO and the address should pop up.  It was worth it to me, and then when you do combine you can keep the original card and history and lose the AF Smiley Happy

Thank you!

I went to their live chat and asked for an upgrade to QS. I just got a reply that they were unable to at this time, but to please try again at a future date.

Current FICO8:

2017: $200 secured card | 2023: $200,000+ total credit line
Message 7 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your graduation!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.