Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one CLI

Ok My Fico Fam ... need sum info on cap one Luv button... Here is a little background Aug 5 18 I opened a cap1 platinum card account with a $300 CL use pay use pay in March they increased it to 500 as they should of with proper use and like a Alabama tick after ever paid statement I hit the button and was promptly denied with the a change has already occurred to the credit line on this account message ..a few months back I PCed the card to a QS cash back card the account has just matured to over a year old and the August statement has not cut yet ... question is do you think a CLI is in order now via request or should I pay it off and let the statement cut and then push or will they do it on their own sometime this month.... it’s not really needed as much as wanted because there are Amex and Disco cards taking its place at this point but I do run a few k spend through it a month to keep them guessing so your thoughts ..
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Cap one CLI

The only thing we know is cap1 likes heavy use and a computer makes the decisions on CLIs. There's no way to predict what will happen.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ that, and the fact that the CapOne computers will auto-deny a CLI if you’ve had one within the last six months.
Message 3 of 5
blindambition
Senior Contributor

No human intervention. It’s the equivalent of shaking a magic 8 ball.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait til the stamens cuts. Pay. Smash the CLI button. If you get an increase, repeat process in 6 months.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.