cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one STILL not reporting credit limits?

tag
m_jonis
Contributor

Cap one STILL not reporting credit limits?

How on earth do I get Capital One to report my actual credit limit? They increased my CL by $5,000 4 months ago, but they are still reporting the "high balance" instead of the actual limit. I thought they fixed this beginning in 2008?
Finally made it to 813
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Cap one STILL not reporting credit limits?

Actually, they fixed it back in September. I'd give them a call. If you don't get anywhere today, I'd try calling back on a weekday.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap one STILL not reporting credit limits?

I had the same problem when I got my card a few months ago. They didn't report the limit, but rather the high balance. I called and asked them about it. Their Indian call center said it was still policy to report the high balance rather than the credit limit. I wrote to the Consumerist.com about it and they contacted someone at Capital One. Those representatives stated that it was policy to report the credit limit.

About 1 day later, Capital One magically reported the credit limit rather than the high balance. Go figure.

It seems like Capital One is saying one thing but doing something else. I don't know if this is intentional or not. One thing is for sure-- there are huge communication issues between corporate and their call center vis-à-vis their policy regarding reporting your credit limit.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.