Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one closed

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Cap one closed

Well it seems to continue for DH. First synch and comenity closed a few accounts now it's cap one's turn.

This was his cap one MasterCard  10K formally the synch Walmart card. In all honestly though he hadn't used it since the conversion , so I am not too surprised at all, but I do think lenders are getting a little nervous as well.

I still have mine so I can either use it or expect the same fate . Decisions, decisions 😂😂😂

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Cap one closed

If this was just his CapOne Walmart card I would be inclined to agree on them closing the card due to non-use but you mentioned two other lenders cutting ties with him as well. Is there anything in his profile that would be a cause for concern?

Message 2 of 35
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

If this was just his CapOne Walmart card I would be inclined to agree on them closing the card due to non-use but you mentioned two other lenders cutting ties with him as well. Is there anything in his profile that would be a cause for concern?

Nope nothing has changed . Scores are even a bit higher now. Nope synch closed for non use over 12 months same with overstock .

No negatives have been added, no lates and utilization still under 6%, literally nothing has changed nothing.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 35
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

happened to someone else today or yesterday as well with same card

Message 4 of 35
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Thanks . Honestly with lack of use it doesn't surprise me and I really think lenders are tightening up with the circumstances.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 35
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Well it seems to continue for DH. First synch and comenity closed a few accounts now it's cap one's turn.

This was his cap one MasterCard  10K formally the synch Walmart card. In all honestly though he hadn't used it since the conversion , so I am not too surprised at all, but I do think lenders are getting a little nervous as well.

I still have mine so I can either use it or expect the same fate . Decisions, decisions 😂😂😂

Sorry for DH!  Yes, I think many lenders are cutting back or tightening up in different ways.

Always good to think about your accounts as "use them or lose them" even though some lenders are quicker to act than others.  I have cards I haven't used in a couple of years that are still open, but I have banking accounts with those lenders also. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 6 of 35
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Dang! Sorry to hear @Jnbmom 

Actually spent a good portion of the day thinking of what to buy from walmart.com just for the spend as I'm on the same boat! Haven't used it even way before the transfer!!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 7 of 35
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Thanks . Honestly with lack of use it doesn't surprise me and I really think lenders are tightening up with the circumstances.

@Jnbmom, I believe you are 100% dead on!

Message 8 of 35
AllZero
Mega Contributor

That is unfortunate.

It appears you and DH are doing great credit wise. You're able to shrug off tradelines that aren't that useful to you. Onto the next approval and sign up bonus! 😃

Message 9 of 35
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry Mom. I think its time to list every card DH isnt using or hasnt for extended period of time and you guys can place wagers on next up.  Im too worried about life to care if a cc closes on me.Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.