Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one had with this creditcard co...

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Cap one had with this creditcard co...

Hi yesterday called one of back door numbers for Cap one to talk about if I could ever get line increase on my Quick Silver mastercard that has 4700 cl which has not gone in over 10 years. Over past years I have spent some times couple grand in 2017 I bought for full price my I phone 8 and other stuf and paid it off in the same month. I told the lady what must I do to get another increase she look at the account and said you had the since 2000 and never been late and your highest balance 1800. She said lets try to see if you can get increase, I told go head , gave her my info income of 75k my fico scores are around 800 now. System came back you will get letter in 7 to 10 days. She was not able to do any thing she in us, I said what good are you this company is black box. If you want me to use the card then you need show me some love, only thing she said I am sorry. This morning I got doc  in an email from cap One went to my on line account.

The letter said your payments large enough for us to grant you an increase at this time. I am going to call Synchrny to see if I can change my Walmart card which has cl of 12k to another card Paypal mc if that can be dome. I just don't want to deal bank wher you can't get humen to look at your account and make a decision thay must not trust ther people when a black box computer makes the decixion and no one can over ride it.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap one had with this creditcard co...

You can't PC Sync cards

Message 2 of 13
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Where is the question? And how do you expect us to help?

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get that you're upset but you could've asked for a CLI earlier instead of waiting 10 years, unless I'm missing something. It's also not the reps fault that they use algorithms for CLI decisions, basically every single lender does this.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You said it yourself. $4700 limit with an $1800 high balance. That’s the definition of a suitable credit limit. Capital One won’t extend you credit you won’t use, they would much rather dole out 10 $500 cards to people who will use them than give someone a $5000 CLI for it just to sit there and pad their utilization.
Message 5 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP, by any chance did your current C1 cc start out as a plat card? Most folks that start out with a rebuilder card from them, and eventually get it upgraded, tend to find they remain in the rebuilder box with them.

Some folks have reapplied for one of their better cards, have gotten higher SL, and then later down the road combined limits.
Message 6 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Cap One is run by the computer. Heavy spend helps in cli , small usage does not. You will need to apply for the Paypal Mc but with time you can actually call up and get decent limit increases. Just note though, even Sync goes by what the 'puter says, no ways of getting around that these daysSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 13
firefox100
Valued Contributor

I think this card came over from House Hold bank back incrRe: Cap one had with this creditcard co...

@zerofire wrote:

Message 8 of 13
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Re: I think this card came over from House Hold bank back incrRe: Cap one had with this creditcard c

Ok her e it goes. I think this card came over from House hold bank back in 2002. My problem is that Cap One does not give ther rep any authorty over rule ther black box no customer service. For example couple months ago I had called BoA for credit line increase and got turned down. The next day called in and spoke to a person on Recon line she told me that it was only five months ago that you had your last increase you need to waite six months. I ask is ther any thing that can be done. She said please hold on I am going to see if I do any thing for you. Couple Mins went by and she came back on the line, said I have good news your credit line has been increase 3K to total of 15K. That is customer service.

I have JCP store card with 4.7k line had not use the card in over 2 years when I found out that my line was cut backcut back to 1K , I called Synchrony and spoke to customer service after couple mins on phone cl went from 1K 6K. Just befor I got off the phone lady on the phone don't for get use your card. Went to JCp that day and spent about 100 dollars on it. another example of good customer service and giving your reps pwer to make things Ok. Just don't like Cap one.

@firefox100 wrote:

@zerofire wrote:

Message 9 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: I think this card came over from House Hold bank back incrRe: Cap one had with this creditcard c

Hi @firefox100 

Both of those lenders can be quite capricious when it comes to CLIs. Synch is great till it isn't. Cap One expects some serious usage on "non bucketed" cards on a consistent basis, and with "bucketed" cards  it's even worse. Most of the time even using them does not help. 

A new card more often than not yields a more favorable results with Cap One.  Maybe just focus on using your other cards, especially if they have better rewards structure vs. handing Cap One money in hopes of getting a CLI. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.