LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Cap one makes zero sense

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Carlile92 wrote:
Nope I was approved with a 694 tu score and I'm pretty sure they pulled eq at time I called to recon and at time I'm pretty sure I didn't even have score with them due to my sisters card that I'm au on not reporting to them yet since then it all of a sudden started reporting and now have 709 eq fico so I really am stumped and annoyed and as far as calling someone higher up I called a senior account manager number

Give it time. I know its frustrating as I have the same card from them, pay your bills on time and get some history and they will show some luv.

Really?Smiley Very Happy You realize we are talking about Cap1 right? LOL (just being sarcastic)

I have done what you said and not to mention my FICO's have gone up over 200 points since I apped for the two Cap1 cards I have had over a year and a half.

500CL

750CL

Cap1 softs my EQ report like clockwork every month, and they see my other CL's of 10K 16K 7500 etc......but will not offer one red cent to me.

EDIT to add: Both cards have been SD'd for the last 5 months and I will be closing them before the Af hits next year.

You are special, they are just hating on you Smiley Very Happy

this is like discover giving a CLI

Man everytime someone says discover I get the itch to app!!!! This really sucks!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 21
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Carlile92 wrote:
Nope I was approved with a 694 tu score and I'm pretty sure they pulled eq at time I called to recon and at time I'm pretty sure I didn't even have score with them due to my sisters card that I'm au on not reporting to them yet since then it all of a sudden started reporting and now have 709 eq fico so I really am stumped and annoyed and as far as calling someone higher up I called a senior account manager number

Give it time. I know its frustrating as I have the same card from them, pay your bills on time and get some history and they will show some luv.

Really?Smiley Very Happy You realize we are talking about Cap1 right? LOL (just being sarcastic)

I have done what you said and not to mention my FICO's have gone up over 200 points since I apped for the two Cap1 cards I have had over a year and a half.

500CL

750CL

Cap1 softs my EQ report like clockwork every month, and they see my other CL's of 10K 16K 7500 etc......but will not offer one red cent to me.

EDIT to add: Both cards have been SD'd for the last 5 months and I will be closing them before the Af hits next year.

Man everytime someone says discover I get the itch to app!!!! This really sucks!

if u get a good 1st CL with discover ur set,, cause thats were u will stay

Message 12 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Carlile92 wrote:

500CL

750CL

What was your profile like when you got your discover?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Carlile92 wrote:

500CL

750CL

To your first reply, Yes Cap1 is hating on meSmiley Very Happy

Discover is next on my list of closures. Love the CS, but hate the measley 2K CL and hard pull for CLI.

Message 14 of 21
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Carlile92 wrote:

500CL

750CL

What was your profile like when you got your discover?

higher than it is now and still cant get a CLI,,,,with  PFI every month... (over 6 months)

Message 15 of 21
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Okay I will tell you my file when I got approved for the discover to be honest was not bad by any means but far from goo I had 10 inq good amount of new accounts and very very short credit history so I really have no clue how I got it but you will hear no complaints from this guy as the discover was one of my sought after cards and now that I have them I am not looking back at all and will be using them as my heavy usage card. On the daily and paying in full every month. But I did just get off phone with a super nice and understanding cap one senior account manager and we had a 45 min convo and to be honest I'm now fine with this card were it is because he told me that I should just use for like one bill to show them that really all I need is higher credit line to become more profitable customer and after telling him my needs and intentions he said it seems like you have the card that fits you in one way and not the other. And I also spoke with him about how cap one is very conservative lender and told him about discover approval and he said Jesus really and they are more conservative than us whats wrong with us and I don't see why we would grant such low credit limit even with great payment history and good credit and I apologize for that and do not blame you for being very peeved with it What I took is that not all cap one people are robots and some do not agree with how they grant credit but they have no control over who they grant credit to so look at it in there shoes when we are mad and cussing them out for denials
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 16 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Carlile92 wrote:
Okay I will tell you my file when I got approved for the discover to be honest was not bad by any means but far from goo I had 10 inq good amount of new accounts and very very short credit history so I really have no clue how I got it but you will hear no complaints from this guy as the discover was one of my sought after cards and now that I have them I am not looking back at all and will be using them as my heavy usage card. On the daily and paying in full every month. But I did just get off phone with a super nice and understanding cap one senior account manager and we had a 45 min convo and to be honest I'm now fine with this card were it is because he told me that I should just use for like one bill to show them that really all I need is higher credit line to become more profitable customer and after telling him my needs and intentions he said it seems like you have the card that fits you in one way and not the other. And I also spoke with him about how cap one is very conservative lender and told him about discover approval and he said Jesus really and they are more conservative than us whats wrong with us and I don't see why we would grant such low credit limit even with great payment history and good credit and I apologize for that and do not blame you for being very peeved with it What I took is that not all cap one people are robots and some do not agree with how they grant credit but they have no control over who they grant credit to so look at it in there shoes when we are mad and cussing them out for denials

What was your util?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 21
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Right around 20 percent told him pif every month on recon and explained the 10 inq most being car loans had 694 with tu
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 18 of 21
casmith1980
Established Contributor

there's no rhyme or reason behind their CLIs.  I have made the decision that if by September next year, my limit hasn't been raised, I will cancel before the AF.  It sucks having to close a card because they are being "conservative" but at least it won't affect your AAoA for 10 years (possibly never depending upon your other accounts).

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@casmith1980 wrote:

there's no rhyme or reason behind their CLIs.  I have made the decision that if by September next year, my limit hasn't been raised, I will cancel before the AF.  It sucks having to close a card because they are being "conservative" but at least it won't affect your AAoA for 10 years (possibly never depending upon your other accounts).

Amen to that.

I have lost all interest in dealing with Cap1, my two cards are sitting on my closet shelf, and will sit there until either 1) they close the account due to inactivity or 2) I close the accounts myself next year before the AF hits.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.