Starting Score: EX: 513, TU 495
Current Score: EX: ???, TU 520
Goal Score: EX: 650, TU: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap one secured

How about we all remember that being friendly & respectful in our replies goes a long way towards ecouraging all of the helpful people to stay, and offer their two cents, be it hard facts, or conjecture? After all, both facts and conjecture are very welcomed in these forums, and contribute to our ever growing body of knowledge. Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 49
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Pushto700 wrote:

@mizzcharles wrote:

That's ok, if they pull all three in MY case. My scores are low as it is.. Just waiting to see how long they take to respond... i hate long turn around times.

Why does it lurk to have them? I'm signed up for the mastercard.. tell me. the apr is a bit high(19.48)????? but they give you cli's while your on a secured card who else does that?

Crazy. They give CLI's on secured cards? Never heard of that.

In the 90's I had a secured card for several years.   The CL was 100% of deposit, then it was a 125%, then it was 150% up to 200%.   Same principle here.

Message 23 of 49
mizzcharles
Valued Member

thanks for the reminder..........Smiley Happy

I find it great that capital one would do that...I wonder if the mastercard will ever graduate?

*Wishing to be debt free*

Message 24 of 49
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Pushto700 wrote:

@mizzcharles wrote:

That's ok, if they pull all three in MY case. My scores are low as it is.. Just waiting to see how long they take to respond... i hate long turn around times.

Why does it lurk to have them? I'm signed up for the mastercard.. tell me. the apr is a bit high(19.48)????? but they give you cli's while your on a secured card who else does that?

Crazy. They give CLI's on secured cards? Never heard of that.

In the 90's I had a secured card for several years.   The CL was 100% of deposit, then it was a 125%, then it was 150% up to 200%.   Same principle here.

I like the appearance of that. I may look into it.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 25 of 49
mizzcharles
Valued Member

Ok so here's the first update, One whole day later Capital one withdrew my $300 dollars from my bank account.. btw for the secured mastercard that gives CLI's while secured..

They say 7- 10 days to receive your card so so far this is good.

will let you guys know when i receive it...

Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 49
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@mizzcharles wrote:

Ok so here's the first update, One whole day later Capital one withdrew my $300 dollars from my bank account.. btw for the secured mastercard that gives CLI's while secured..

They say 7- 10 days to receive your card so so far this is good.

will let you guys know when i receive it...

Smiley Happy

I like the sound of this. Please, whenever you have the opportunity chronicle your experience. I mean...I am surprised still...CLI (potential) witha  secured CC? I have had a CU secured for approx 1 year (as I await for my case with two major baddies - the two remaining hurting my score - to settle)...if this is any indication as it seems....as if your money is worth something with good management.

Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)

Message 27 of 49
mizzcharles
Valued Member

I'm super excited so will be definitly leaving my experience as the card progresses...

I recently also found the power of PFD letters and they seem to be making progress for me. maybe that's something you can look into as far as those 2 baddies..

Message 28 of 49
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@mizzcharles wrote:

I'm super excited so will be definitly leaving my experience as the card progresses...

I recently also found the power of PFD letters and they seem to be making progress for me. maybe that's something you can look into as far as those 2 baddies..

Naah. These are two auto reposessions. Both are in Class Action suits. I brought one myself, and another was brought about a year ago which I am an automatic party in the stated class. The PFD, GW, and other means for twisting a creditors arm to prove that I owe certain alleged debts (past SOL, ect) have aided in me getting to this point.

So I am just in "wait mode" right now. I have 2 BB Cards (1 myself, and an AU on my fiances, a joint Orchard unsecured CC, a Macys and Bloomingdales, & a secured CU CC).

Other than these I can't get any CC's (have been denied more than some approvals) with these two serious marks on my CR. So I am waiting.

Message 29 of 49
mizzcharles
Valued Member

Good news guys..

today i got my capital one secured master card in the mail..

two nights ago i got an email saying my card was mailed and today i received it. so unless u get that email your card isn't on the way yet..

they charged the annual fee to mine already...

so all together it took.

14 real days to get it, which is 7-10 business days like they said.

good luck to everyone else with your cards coming

Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.