Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Account Review notice

tag
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Cap1 Account Review notice

So I am not surprised that I got an AR notice for my QuickSilver.

Limit is $30,000 and I haven't used it much. 

Ooh well.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Cap1 Account Review notice

Did they give you option to opt out like they've been doing recently? 

Message 2 of 20
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

So I am not surprised that I got an AR notice for my QuickSilver.

Limit is $30,000 and I haven't used it much. 

Ooh well.

I bet you use that savor plenty, great card.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 3 of 20
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Yes they did @Remedios

I will try to put some more spend on this now.  We will see what happens.  At least you get a heads up.   I did call to opt out.  As a DP,  I have put about $2,500 through it since the start of 2022.   

Copy of the verbiage:

Dear NoMoreE46,

We're writing to let you know about an upcoming account review scheduled for September 2022. Over the last several months, the highest balance on this account has been significantly lower than your credit limit. Because of this, your credit limit could be decreased following this review.  

If your credit limit is decreased as a result of this review, we'll notify you and make sure to keep your credit limit significantly above your highest balance from the previous two years.

You can opt out of this review if you anticipate the spending activity on this account to change.  Simply call 1-844-422-7183 by September 12, 2022 and follow the prompts.

Thanks for being a Capital One customer.  We look forward to continuing to serve your needs.

Sincerely,

Capital One
Customer Care

Message 4 of 20
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Right @SUPERSQUID .

I aint concerned about my Savor.  Just wished they allowed one to reallocate limits again like they offered for short period circa 2015.

Message 5 of 20
purebulldogs
Contributor

I have a feeling all the issuers will really start to lower lines that aren't being used. 

I have an Amex and a bmw mastercard that I really like. The mastercard gives me 3x for gas and 2x for restaurants so it's my main card along with my amex.  Going to rotate between the two and use both regularly to try and maintain the lines. 

If capital one lowers my spend ability I'd be ok without them. 

Message 6 of 20
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

So as mentioned, I opted put and like three days later, I get this email:

Capital One

Account Ending in ####

Your credit limit has not changed.

NoMoreE46,

Following up on our previous email, you’ve opted out from a September 2022 account review and your current credit limit of $30,000 has not changed.

Thanks for being a Capital One customer. We look forward to continuing to serve your needs.

Thus, I don't know if my spend up until that email was sufficient for them to leave my CL alone?

Message 7 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Capital One

Account Ending in ####

NoMoreE46,

Following up on our previous email, you’ve opted out from a September 2022 account review and your current credit limit of $30,000 has not changed.

Thanks for being a Capital One customer. We look forward to continuing to serve your needs.

Thus, I don't know if my spend up until that email was sufficient for them to leave my CL alone?

No, that's just confirming that you opted out of the Sep 22 review, thus your CL will remain intact (for now).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 20
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Capital One

Account Ending in ####

NoMoreE46,

No, that's just confirming that you opted out of the Sep 22 review, thus your CL will remain intact (for now).

Aah ok thanks @OmarGB9.

Then we'll see what the next three months will bring.

Message 9 of 20
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

NoMoreE46,

I got two account review notes last year for my Savor card. I simply called in, told them I expected to have heavier use on the card(which I did), and not to touch the limit. I also let them know if CapitalOne lowered my limit, I would close all my accounts. 

So far, no credit line decreases, and no more letters.

Guyatthebeach 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.