Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 BT offer observations

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

Cap1 BT offer observations

I have a card with a limit around $3k and used to get BT offers on that card and IIRC, at least one of my other 2 cards. After COVID, all of the offers disappeared.

Recently, it returned on 1 card that had a limit of $1k. I got a CLI on that card and the BT offer disappeared and appeared on my card that has a $500 limit. This may seem like common sense, but does Cap1 just show the BT offer on a card that has a limit that's no more than the amt that they're willing to let you BT? For some reason, I just assumed that they could just offer a BT on any card and specify the amt that you can BT, even if you have more in avail credit. But, maybe they're doing it the way that I described. Otherwise, I don't know why they keep transferring the offers to diff cards. 🤷‍♀️

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 BT offer observations

@cr101 Good Luck trying to figure Cap1 out. Mine is in the sock drawer.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 BT offer observations

Based on your other post right before this one. Citi, Chase, and Capital One have been turning you down for CLI's. This is based on your profile.

You are looking to keep moving debt from bank to bank via balance transfers without paying down any principal. All this does is create transfer fees and the debt grows until you are maxed out. Capital one offered you a balance transfer on your $500 limit card instead of your $1K limit card in order for you to work on debt reduction. 

Banks are seeing what you are doing and are giving you the chance to pay down debt so they can once again re evaluate your accounts to see if they can give you a CLI in the future. They have been doing this a long time. You are not the first. They have seen it many times before and they will see it again..

Balance transfers have not dried up. I myself receive several offers every single day. They may have dried up for you for now until you bring this under control.

Thanks

Mark

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.