Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 CLI Question

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Cap1 CLI Question

So i have had my QS card for almost a year, in may i can request another CLI but my question here is, if i ask for one and its declined. Can i ask for another after a month or two and possibly be approved or would i need to wait another 6 mos? Because i do have a small balance on my cards and generally when im asking for a CLI i try to get a $0 balance on all cards before asking to help my chances or at least below %30 anyways. I also know that sometimes when they view my information it might be the previous months report so thats why im asking. Also does anyone know if i request the increase online will i get an immediate answer?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Longroad
Established Contributor

Re: Cap1 CLI Question

My experience has been that it doesn't matter how often you ask or how long you wait, they will ALWAYS say NO. press the luv button, email the EO they will ALWAYS say NO. Bjt they are very nice about it. My experience is if you want a decent CL look for another lender

Message 2 of 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Skye12329 wrote:

So i have had my QS card for almost a year, in may i can request another CLI but my question here is, if i ask for one and its declined. Can i ask for another after a month or two and possibly be approved or would i need to wait another 6 mos? Because i do have a small balance on my cards and generally when im asking for a CLI i try to get a $0 balance on all cards before asking to help my chances or at least below %30 anyways. I also know that sometimes when they view my information it might be the previous months report so thats why im asking. Also does anyone know if i request the increase online will i get an immediate answer?

Yes, you can ask again after a shorter time than 6 months if you were denied a CLI.  The 6 month rule only applies if you were approved.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 9
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I tried to get an increase on one account with them and got a message that said because of usage vs. payments I could not get a CLI.  So I paid the balance in full, the balance is not actually mine - It's my nieces, and then then after the statement cut I tried again and got an increase from $3,500 to $5,500.  (I find it funny they didn't want the interest they were getting on the account, since all I did was transfer through spending the balance to another Capone account that had no interest for 12 months.) 

I haven't gotten any love on another account with them since I EO'd for a CLI.  It has been about 8 months now since i did that and they keep saying they can't do it until they assess my account at it's current limit.  It's an old HSBC (Household) card which I was getting the same message even after the conversion.  I actually think it is just coded to give me that message. 

It doesn't matter how often you try unless you get the increase. I tried right before my statement cut and then right after my statement cut and got the same message.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 4 of 9
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

when I did the same, it was like many others experience on here..

30-day blah blah

then out of nowhere the next month had an "Auto-CLI" for $300 extra..

Funny thing is I had no purchases or use the two months all that happened..

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 5 of 9
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

I had sucess with my dad's Platinum card. I talked to a CSR and she PC'd his platinum to the VentureOne card and asked for a CLI ( I was feeling lucky even though his utilization on that card was at 86%) and was asked if $2,000 increase would work for me. And it was a SP. So I say you never know until you try. 

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 6 of 9
Brax
Frequent Contributor

I requested a CLI online over 5 times in Feb, kept getting denied for "insufficient usage". Towards the end of the month, went out and made a few swipes ($23 total) requested again and was approved for a $5000 increase, from $2000 to $7000.

So the most important thing I believe is to have at least 3 swipes in the last 1-2 months.

Message 7 of 9
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

I disagree that the luv button is always a "no." I hit it the other day and was increased from $7.5k to $10.5k on my Venture.

Couldn't be happier. Smiley Happy But we do use it as our primary card, so maybe that's why. Ran $90k through it last year.
----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Message 8 of 9
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Send a PM via Facebook.  EO offices will call you.

YES. its possible. 

I just done this with my QS. It had a $750 limit, $39 AF and was 10 months old.

A few days later I have a $1500 limit and no AF.

But, I didn't just have 10 months with CapOne. And, I made heavy use of the QS. Running it to its limit and PIF every month.

I also had a couple years history with them from my Secured Card that I recently closed a couple months ago. And, I have another account with them, but its only 4 months old or so.

Not sure if all that makes a difference, but this is possible through the FB channel..

The online request will always deny if theres been a change in the limit in last 6 months, and various other reasons. Its really by the book.  EO will manuall review.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.