Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 CLI Questions...

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Another CAP1 Question...

Not knowing anything about your profile since you did not list the data points, I would say keep the Capital One card you have and enjoy it.

Message 11 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Charmante wrote:

Hopefully I'm not driving people crazy! Lol

So, I sort of have a difficult time LEAVING Cap1... I sort of have a soft spot for them... Probably because they were my first CC...

BUT I want OUT of their Dirty Card Bucket...

So, I'm going to wait till February when my CO's fall off, and APP for a new Cap1 Card...

SO since my goal is getting a PRIME Cap1 that CAN grow...

Which one SHOULD I apply for?

Basically, which is the Easiest PRIME card to get?

ALSO: They sent me a PreQual for the Kohl's MasterCard... Would THAT be a PRIME -- or still a Bucket...?

Thanks!!!

I didnt know Kohls had a mastercard but 100% sure their store card maxes out at $3k for most, a select few $4k.  Its  not really subprime or prime its just a store card backed by Cap One. 

I know you luv Cap One but many other lenders for only 1 pullSmiley Wink

Message 12 of 16
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm... Maybe it's not a MasterCard... Could have sworn it said MasterCard... That's disappointing... Smiley Sad Lol

@AverageJoesCredit Thank you for pointing that out!!!

Message 13 of 16
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

QS is a great all around card

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 14 of 16
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 CLI Questions...

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@Charmante wrote:

So if they ARE bucketed 1) How big CAN a bucket card go? And 2) HOW DO I UNBUCKET?

I'm confused what best to do? Lol

I started with a platinum card in the credit steps program.  SL was $1300 in 2013.  

You got use to the cards for your daily spend.

I did so and as a result, have a $17000 No AF Savor card (May 2018.)  Keep in mind that this was during a timeframe with a better economy.

A $1,300 SL is hardly in the bucket. At least less so than one starting at $300 - $500. Even so, that growth is amazing! I have less faith for OP's cards though. That's also why I closed mine, although I really did like Cap1's interface.

Message 15 of 16
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

In my experience, it is difficult to shed the subprime bucket. I've been with Capital One since 2016 and haven't gotten at a laughable 600.00 limit on my QS1 for the last two years.  Honestly, I've given up on them and am only keeping my cards open to report age and positive history.  I'm looking to build relationships with other banks at this point. 

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.