Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Charged Interest on $0 Balance

tag
MzOptimistic
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 Charged Interest on $0 Balance

Yes, I've kept that balance low as well. Right now, it's $10.00 and I plan to keep all my cards with a low balance. I only have cc's just to boost my score anyway. I really don't care for them lol.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! Yes, that was spot on the sequence of events. I went to pay the $2.18 and the system won't let me and says I have a $0 balance and/or a credit. I'm all zeroed out and will remain so.

Thank you, again. 

In other news - the "luv" button worked after waiting 6 months from my first CLI. Now to just get my cellphone back working after a disastrous software update and my Saturday can continue!

CreditOne Platinum:$500/CreditOne American Express $500/Self Secured CC $575

Starting Scores in BK13: EX521,TU537,EX520
Current Scores as of April 2, 23: Waiting on Discharge: EX649,TU608,EX579
Goal Scores: EQ750,TU750,EX750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Same thing happened to me. If you look at the amount they charged for the basis of the interest (page 1 or 2 of the statement shows the calculation) it’s a pretty good indicator of what day the got the balance from, atleast in my case it was. They didn’t credit mine though. I had to pay it.

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 12 of 14
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went onto Cap1 this morning, to see if the magical credit steps increase had kicked in - no luck. However, I was surprised to find a $2.18 interest charge...I had a $0 balance! 

Billing Due Date is the 16th (nothing was due until March)

Billing Cycle end is the 19th

My statement was paid in full by Feb 15th.

The chat agent copy and pasted the card member agreement and told me "Please don't worry" and that the interest would come off in "1 to 2 billing cycles" and that I would not accrue more interest. He said it was calculated on average daily balance. So, basically I can't use my card unless I pay it off daily? His response "It happens sometimes." Um...what?

Anyone else have this issue? Should I be concerned?

Same EXACT thing happene dto me last week and was told the same thing. However they credited it back to my acct. I was furious because the card closed out with a $6 balance instead of 0%. They told me to dispute it wit the CRA's and they'll update but I won't even bother. 

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DoroLucky wrote:

Same EXACT thing happene dto me last week and was told the same thing. However they credited it back to my acct. I was furious because the card closed out with a $6 balance instead of 0%. They told me to dispute it wit the CRA's and they'll update but I won't even bother. 

I didn't dispute it. Cap1 credited the $2.18 to my account and it came off almost immediately, despite the requisite caveat of 1-2 billing cycles. I now understand more clearly that the interest was indeed mine. But, I was also a bit miffed at the $2.18 reporting when I was aiming for $0. That $2.18 (rounded down to $2) brought my EQ score down a whopping...1 point! Credit is fascinating, weird, and sometimes frustrating. I'm glad to finally be learning more even well into adulthood.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.