Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Executive Office Experience **UPDATED**

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 Executive Office Experience **UPDATED**

**UPDATE**

Still haven't received the call back from the EO yet but I logged into my account and the CLI was bumped +$500 to $1250. Lookout! While I'm appreciative I guess they are a really paranoid lender. No HP or SP on TU or EX so maybe they hit EQ? Dang it... the only one I can't see (yet).

So after online and customer service CLI rejections I called the EO and spoke to a very nice woman.  I explained to her since my Cap1 approval my credit profile had become more desireable and I was now being approved for cards with rewards, no AF and higher CL's.  I asked her if Cap1 was interested in growing with me and if so, how?  She reviewed a little and confirmed my initial CL was 500 and was bumped to 750 some months later.  So far so good.  Keep in mind I have the low-end Cap1 Platimum $19 AF card.

She asked some financial info; income, housing, investments, employment - the standard stuff and then told me that although she was unable to PC the card she would waive the AF (due in March!!!) and add rewards to it and submit my account for manual review for a CLI.  "How much do you want", she asked, "and would you accept a partial CLI if we can't grant you what you requested".  Umm, yea, and let's go for 5K.  I must have asked twenty times if the review would be a SP or HP - each time she said SOFT.  The call was recorded so not too worried about that part.  She asked if I wanted one mile per dollar spent or 1% cash back as the reward and that I could have only one.  I took the 1%.

So even if the CLI is minimal or even rejected, at least the AF is waived and there are some rewards.  I wasn't getting anything before which is why this card was SD'd but now NetFlix will get me a whopping .08₵ back.  Yea!!!  Drinks on ME!!!  Kinda funny to look at it that way.

Also, when she asked how I got the number I told her a relative had a bad experience with customer service and the EO was very accommodating (lies and more lies), and that I hoped for the same experience myself (that part is true).

Fingers crossed on CLI.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 Executive Office Experience

Congrats on getting some rewards, hope the CLI comes through! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 12
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

I had the exact same experience. She said 3 to 5 days on CLI request. Let us see what happens.

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@tennisfan78 wrote:

I had the exact same experience. She said 3 to 5 days on CLI request. Let us see what happens.

today?

Message 4 of 12
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

@tennisfan78 wrote:

today?

Yes, just couple of hours ago.

EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012

Message 5 of 12
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Funny.  Meet you back here in a few days then Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 12
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

Funny.  Meet you back here in a few days then Smiley Very Happy

Yup. Hoping that it will be good news!

Message 7 of 12
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Even if they tell you it's a soft pull and they end up doing a hard pull your chances of getting it removed are slim to none.

Message 8 of 12
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

they told me 3 to 5 days but increase my limit from 500 to 2k next day.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 12
jake619
Frequent Contributor

SP or HP?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.