Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 NO CLI!!! Driving me crazy.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 NO CLI!!! Driving me crazy.

Question was your cards issued under Credit Steps and did you actually get that increase in the last 6 months. I know I did a CLI after 3 statements got that then got my credit steps 2 months later, now the response is I've had my CLI in the last 6 months. So I'm tracking it 6 months now from when my credit steps hit....DH did it on his card and it appears to have the same timing. His first card was about 8 months older than mines.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just my experience, I started my rebuilding journey with Cap One,  I will always have a soft spot for them, however things have changed drastically within the two year relationship with them.  Early on when my portfolio was small, I used Cap One all of the time and would receive 3Kto 4K increases at the 3 month window, sometimes 2K.  I had 4 cards with them and could do no wrong, lol.  As my score increased so did my interest to diversify, Chase, Discover, Amex, Synchrony, Wells Fargo, etc, I didn't use Cap One nearly as much and as a result, my increases went from 3K to 500.00!  While initially shocked, it made sense to me.  They truly want to see a lot of usage to justify nice increase or a increase at all.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm right there with you. I combined a Plat with my QS1 in August of last year, and hadn't gotten anything since then, though I'd been hitting the luv button at least every two weeks since November. Kept getting the recent change message up until last week, when it said that the account had recently been past due, and that my average payments have been too low.

I paid it two days late in June '15, and have been on time since then. During each billing cycle, I've run it up to about 80% util, then paid it down to under 25% before the statement cuts. Not sure what's up with those two reasons.

Gonna try again next week and see what the denial wheel comes up with next.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm right there with you. I combined a Plat with my QS1 in August of last year, and hadn't gotten anything since then, though I'd been hitting the luv button at least every two weeks since November. Kept getting the recent change message up until last week, when it said that the account had recently been past due, and that my average payments have been too low.

I paid it two days late in June '15, and have been on time since then. During each billing cycle, I've run it up to about 80% util, then paid it down to under 25% before the statement cuts. Not sure what's up with those two reasons.

Gonna try again next week and see what the denial wheel comes up with next.

When you combine accounts with Cap1, the verbiage states that your account(s) may not be eligible for a CLI. I don't remember if it gives a specific time frame, however, accounts are usually eligible for CLIs every 6 months with Cap1. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an 11 year old VISA Plat which I converted to a No Fee Quick Silver last year. 3k is the best I could get out of them in all that time.

Their profit comes from interest and swipes; they will have to step up and show me some love. Until then its paid off and in the sock drawer.

I'm giving the following issuers luv right now

-USAA for the nice initial CL. Charging everything I can pay back on cash back rewards AMEX.

-Citi for no fee/no interest for 18 month. Charged the plumbing bill to fix sewer stack and then Black Sabath tickets.

-NFCU for nice initial CL. Took advantage of a no fee/no interest balance transfer deal

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.