Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 No upgrade

tag
FreedomHammer
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 No upgrade

I called C1 customer service today on a lark, and was upgraded to QS with no annual fee. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 35
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Looks like the advice given by people here, to check after 100 days had passed, was right on the mark. Gotta love the MF community! 

Enjoy that sweet, no-hassle cashback!

Message 22 of 35
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@FreedomHammer wrote:

I called C1 customer service today on a lark, and was upgraded to QS with no annual fee. Smiley Happy

Congratulations on your product upgrade!

Message 23 of 35
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@FreedomHammer wrote:

Glad to hear you were upgraded.

It's a great 1.5 CB card to have.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 24 of 35
FreedomHammer
Regular Contributor

I did request a CLI, and the denial said "insufficient use of card." 

I have used and paid down the card multiple times 80%+ of its limit since l opened the account. I am not sure what else they are looking for, apart from account age; however, the letter did not state that as a reason. 

I should just be grateful I received my upgrade. 

Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious did you have any new accounts on your reports when you were upgraded? I've been a customer with them for about 3 years and have never been offered the option to upgrade. 

Message 26 of 35
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm curious did you have any new accounts on your reports when you were upgraded? I've been a customer with them for about 3 years and have never been offered the option to upgrade. 

Often times it's not offered, and a consumer must be proactive and ask or follow the upgrade link floating around these forums to see if they're eligible.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

That I do know, but I've opened new accounts recently and was waiting until I garden at least 6 months, but for some reason I can't commit to gardening 😂

Message 28 of 35
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That I do know, but I've opened new accounts recently and was waiting until I garden at least 6 months, but for some reason I can't commit to gardening 😂

I mean, you've got nothing to lose - it's an SP and the account retains all its history.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 29 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

They make little sense. I went ahead and called, I was not eligible for a product upgrade, which is fine. So I apped for the Kohl's got $800, then the Walmart Mastercard and got $3,000 there. I don't see how I can qualify for a $3,000 open loop card which is more than the platinum and then also for a store card and not the upgrade 🤣, but whatever. 

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.