Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 PC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 PC

I've been reading about people getting Cap1 to do PC's on their cards. I figured I would try this with my Platinum card to see if they would move it over to a QS or not. They went ahead and did that and I did have to keep the annual fee on it but they waived the annual fee that was just charged, so not too bad!

Now I have 3-QS cards with Cap1 at all $850 SL's.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 PC

Congrats, BEAR! Glad you were able to PC, but bummer you couldn't get the no AF version. When your scores are higher, though, app for a QS straight up and see if you can get a higher CL and lower APR. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! My plan is to garden for awhile and then eventually see if I can get the QS or Venture with them down the road.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VelosterBEAR wrote:

Thanks! My plan is to garden for awhile and then eventually see if I can get the QS or Venture with them down the road.

Nice! Data points for you: I had EQ 695, TU 655, and EX 682 (all FICO 8) when I got approved for QS with a $10000 SL.  😀

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! That's awesome and I would kill for that kind of CL with Cap1. All of the cards I have with them right now started out at $300 limits and got up to $850.

Which isn't a lot but I know it was their step process on giving out CLI's because I would get the letter saying make 5 monthly payments of $75 or more and you could be upgraded to $1250 CL.

Which at that time I had some job issues so wasn't able to complete that and haven't got them to upgrade since and most of the time it's just that my monthly payments haven't been enough.

I just paid all of them off in full so hopefully once that updates I can strike gold with them a little.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy
Wow! That's awesome and I would kill for that kind of CL with Cap1. All of the cards I have with them right now started out at $300 limits and got up to $850.

Which isn't a lot but I know it was their step process on giving out CLI's because I would get the letter saying make 5 monthly payments of $75 or more and you could be upgraded to $1250 CL.

Which at that time I had some job issues so wasn't able to complete that and haven't got them to upgrade since and most of the time it's just that my monthly payments haven't been enough.

I just paid all of them off in full so hopefully once that updates I can strike gold with them a little.

You will get there! Your SL with Cap1 is similar to my husband's. Just takes some time and gardening, and you will get there in no time! The cool thing about FICO scoring is that they don't care as much about how much you have, but more what you do with how much you have. Keep us updated on your Cap1 journey! 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! As much as I would love for all of this to just rush and go past the speed limit, I know it pays off to be slow and patient.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I was able to upgrade my Platinum Card to the Quicksilver after two years with them.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.