Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Product upgrades

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Product upgrades

Hey everyone,

My question is regarding getting a PC on my Cap1 account. I was approved for the C1 platinum about 11 months ago, my first CC, and was able to upgrade to a no AF quicksilver 3 months later. I’ve since expanded my CC portfolio, no longer have any use for this card and have quit putting any meaningful spend on it. I’m sure this is a very common story. Ive been blowing up customer service for an upgrade to the savor card with no avail.

My question: how can I stimulate a PC offer? Do I need to spend up the card for a statement? Am I just trying too soon? Should I write a letter? Should I just sock drawer the card and give up? I refuse to take a 3 pull hit ever again so apping for the savor is not an option for me.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap1 Product upgrades

It's been posted that Capital One isn't currently offering Savor or SavorOne upgrades. When the first version of the Savor came around, upgrades weren't offered either. But after five or six months, Capital One started offering them like candy. I'd bet that Capital one will start offering Savor and SavorOne PCs in a few months.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't you forfeit the sign up bonuses with a PC?

Message 3 of 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Right. You forfeit the sign-up bonus when product-changing. But in this case, the OP is looking to make a useless card useful rather than adding a new card.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not only forfeiting the SUB but first year AF waived as well, making PCing to Savor extremely unattractive and hard to break even on AF vs using Savor One, no AF Savor One is the better PC option when it becomes available, I would SD it now and keeping asking for Savor One PC.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.